Bennett Ironman

Painting tyres 😳😳

Like this?

Β 

Β 

If so, i used a 'gelly roll' paint pen. Far from perfect, but I'm half blind and impatient 😁πŸ€ͺ

They're on ebay - I paid about 7 quid for 3. Come in different colours and different nib thicknesses. I went with medium (0.8mm I think). I think most people use the gelly roll pens - either that or a tooth pick and some white paint. I tried that method once...never again πŸ€ͺ😀😁

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mrowka said:

How long does that paint last?

Difficult to say really. I did them about 2 weeks ago and only just ran it today. It spent about 30 mins on the beach, which will obviously increase the wear due to the sand blasting it off. I reckon somewhere between 10/20 runs before it needs redoing. But I guess it depends how 'pristine' you want them. I can live with a bit of fading before I do them again. I probably only spend about 5 mins per tyre.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Happy with first one ...bright torch and magnifying glass helped 😊

IMG_20201002_001134.jpg

You need to fit the tyre to the wheel before you paint the lettering, because the force required to get the wheel into the tyre will damage the paint. You might get away with it on that front tyre, but you are unlikely to with the rears.

A cotton bud dipped in Tamiya thinners will allow you to quickly clean off the paint from a letter if you aren't happy with it, likewise a cocktail stick dipped in same thinners can be used to clean up the edge of a letter. (Assuming you are using PS1)

7 hours ago, Fuijo said:

You need to fit the tyre to the wheel before you paint the lettering, because the force required to get the wheel into the tyre will damage the paint. You might get away with it on that front tyre, but you are unlikely to with the rears.

A cotton bud dipped in Tamiya thinners will allow you to quickly clean off the paint from a letter if you aren't happy with it, likewise a cocktail stick dipped in same thinners can be used to clean up the edge of a letter. (Assuming you are using PS1)

Thanks mate didn't think of that 😜....Doh