KEV THE REV

Lunchbox FX 10 mod - it is NOT

After completing the FX 10 mod and a Kyosho Ultima LB mod . I thought about modding the original front arms to ' double wishbone ' style as per afore mentioned conversions / mods . . First job was to cut off the original upright tabs , then fashion a plate / bracket to bolt to the A arm to hold the C hub swivel doodah . I used Kyosho RS4 C hub swivel doodahs and stock Tamiya uprights . I had some hardware knocking about to bolt everything up , so this was a cheap make-over and it operates well on bench  . Road test to come once I build the chassis complete - completed set up pics later of front mod.

For now - prototype goings on - - going on

P9250003.JPG

P9250004.JPG

PA010005a.JPG

• Like 2

Neat work :) keep us updated with that Ultima rear 

Thanks for the interest Mad Ax . Things have progressed somewhat . I'm refining some details , I've had it running and it is very smooth , no LB bumping and bouncing from the og rear end and the front double wishbone is working out great and for cheap !!  . More pics and info to follow

Chassis all done now . This has basically the same wheel base wheel nut to wheel nut F&R as a stock Lunchie

P1210003.JPG

P1210004.JPG

P1210002.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What’s not to like about this. freakin awesome 👏 👏👏 you lunched that box right out (not sure what that means but it’s complimentary)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

How does it drive now?

wheelie or not?

No wheelies , the geometry is all different . It is more planted now , and double wishbone helps the drive too

1 hour ago, KEV THE REV said:

No wheelies , the geometry is all different . It is more planted now , and double wishbone helps the drive too

Nice 

Great idea with the stock arms!

I've contemplated a rear end transplant too because even with 4 link, the unsprung mass is still a big issue. It runs much better over rough terrain and squats under power but landing jumps is still a disaster most of the time.

I'd love to see some footage of it in action. 

• Like 2

Very very nice.
I had a plan for a Lunchbox before I gave up on the hobby and it was totally opposite to yours: rigid rear and front axles.

Max

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kontemax said:

I gave up on the hobby

Why did you give up on the hobby Max?

On 2/5/2021 at 12:18 AM, Saito2 said:

Why did you give up on the hobby Max?

Unfortunately I gave up due to economic problems, due to the long economic crisis that has afflicted Italy due to the accession of the €, which has totally destroyed the Italian economy.
Currently the situation is getting worse then ever. The country is in bankrupt but no one can declare it because all French and German banks are involved. Germany, France, China, € and UE are destroying the country and sucking up all remaining industrial assets and bank savings of the citizens.
The result is that I have long been chronically unemployed.
I have lost count of how many years I have not had a decent permanent job and I live with mini jobs earning very little money.
I recently reinvented myself and I restore and rebuild Italian vintage two-stroke engines and motorcycles from the 90s like Aprilia and Cagiva.
This is giving me some oxygen but with the Corona crisis I didn't work and I gained zero from February 2020 to November 2020. Luckily I started working on motorcycles and engines again from December 2020 but currently I don't know for how long I may have new ones to work on.
Common situation in Italy, very common situation.
I'm not sad about this, the harder life, the stronger the man, but this means I have to eliminate all unnecessary things to live.
This is sad, mates.

Max

• Sad 3