slimleeroy

Lipo connectors

Hi guys. Hopefully someone can help.  I runs a shorty pack in my cat xls masami and I have a problem with the plugs which stick out the top of the battery.  They stick out quite far and foul on the body preventing the body from sitting down properly.  This also happens on other cars which don't have much room.  I have seen people using very low profile banana connectors where the wires come out sideways.  Anyone know what these are called and where I can get some please.  Thanks.  Lee

https://www.amainhobbies.com/reedy-4mm-lowprofile-bullet-connector-10-asc644/p273370

There's different branded names and some less expensive and of course there are different sizes (4mm) the norm and i do use 5mm in a blue moon.

they should be readily available just about any where, just jig the wire on its side and solder away. press and set and go, well you know how it's done.

i just purchased some Maclan's

i like REEDY's because they are not gold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

I run these, one of the things I buy when I just need something to add, to tip it over to free delivery......🙄

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-low-profile-4mm-gold-bullet-connectors-2-for-right-angle/rc-car-products/404862

Is it possible to get the same.sortmof connector but for the balance lead or do I not need to connect the balance lead when running.  I thought I needed to as the lead runs into the balance connector which plugs into my lipo alarm

Thanks

Have you got a picture of your current wiring?

If you have an ESC with a cutoff you don't need a LiPo alarm, and if you are including the balance connector everything is the car is going to take up more space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

Is it possible to get the same.sortmof connector but for the balance lead or do I not need to connect the balance lead when running.  I thought I needed to as the lead runs into the balance connector which plugs into my lipo alarm

Thanks

As above, your esc should have Lipo cut off, if it's a modern esc.

If you're running retro stuff, and want to keep it as such, depending on what shorty you've bought, you usually get a charge lead with a deans connector?

You could remove the balance leads from that and solder it onto the bullets, leaving the white lead to plug into the 1mm port on the shorty. Would look messy ,with the body off, in a beautiful car though.

Another option, I guess, would be to get a Lipo with 5mm tubes , then solder those leads from the charge lead, onto 4mm- 5mm adapters ,then the 4mm low profile bullets into that, wouldn't be there once the battery was out.

The final, RISKY option, is to time how long it takes until the Lipo alarm sounds, then ,every time you run, stop the car before that time. Tbh, you can start to feel the , punch, drop off before the low volt kicks in. Risky strategy though.