Sign in to follow this  
nicksincrc

XV-01 diff oil help

Hi, 

I know this has been asked on here before but the answers were so varied from 5k-200k oil so I could do with a some help please. Currently my XV-01 is stock rally as per the manual, going to service it and wondered what diff oil to use. I just run it for fun, mainly park paths, old tarmac ,light gravel, it's a bit loose under acceleration so I'm wondering what weight oil to put in the diffs? Only running 7.2 Nimh stock motor , might up the motor when it's done this one in but nothing silly as I like the scale feel of it. Won't be racing it, I'm severely disabled so racing is a bit too much for me I think, and I need help building and maintaining my cars so I'd like to get it right.Look forward to your opinions 

Currently I'm using 30k in front and 10k in the rear. I say it's a perfect match for the XV-01 for my driving style on-road tarmac and off road rallying.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

Currently I'm using 30k in front and 10k in the rear. I say it's a perfect match for the XV-01 for my driving style on-road tarmac and off road rallying.

Thanks ,that seems pretty sensible values in line with what I was thinking for the front and a bit heavier at the back but I think i'll give it a go, much appreciated 

• Like 1