Sign in to follow this  
Gazzalene

M4 Turnbuckle/tie rods , needed

Need some M4 turnbuckles or plain tie rods around 75mm long.

Not had much luck using searches. Traxxas have a lot of this stuff BUT on the sites no thread size is listed,just part number. I have even looked at the manual for some cars but no mention of sizes because most of the rods are upgrades!

Does anyone know if a certain car from traxxas as M4 rods? or any other brand that uses M4.

Few on ebay BUT either in China or australia OR Titanium or Stupid colours and prices.

I use Duratrax vintage turnbuckles. 65mm. Not sure if they make them longer...

2 hours ago, Gazzalene said:

Need some M4 turnbuckles or plain tie rods around 75mm long.

Not had much luck using searches. Traxxas have a lot of this stuff BUT on the sites no thread size is listed,just part number. I have even looked at the manual for some cars but no mention of sizes because most of the rods are upgrades!

Does anyone know if a certain car from traxxas as M4 rods? or any other brand that uses M4.

Few on ebay BUT either in China or australia OR Titanium or Stupid colours and prices.

Most Traxxas cars have M4 turnbuckles. I have a bunch of them laying around and I'd be willing to measure them for you. Are you looking for 75mm eye-to-eye?

You can easily make your own tie rods of any length with some plain M4 threaded bar from the hardware store.

All you need is a hacksaw and a file to clean up the cut ends. 

• Like 1

I make axle links and steering rods from threaded rod but I prefer proper turnbuckles for my upper arms, it's nice to be able to adjust them without removing 

22 hours ago, Mrowka said:

Stupit question, but what's wrong with titanium turnbuckles?

The ones that are in stock??   PRICE!!!!!! 

Odd. Lunsford titanium turnbuckles aren't that much more dough on US eBay, and I recently bought Kyosho titanium turnbuckles for about $5.00 a pair.