Sign in to follow this  
Tudorp

Sneak Peek

The past couple days have been very productive. As I posted in a different thread, I scored a pretty good deal on a Wild Willy basket case. I been tearing down, cleaning up, stripping, digging trough my parts bin etc to get this vintage classic back on the dirt. The body was missing parts, as was the driver etc. I had many of the parts already, and some are on the way to me as we speak. But, while I wait for some parts needed, I stripped the crappy blue paint job down to the clean plastic using a toothbrush and brake fluid. Got it very clean, and then applied a fresh coat of Olive Drab. Repaired the driver with parts I had already, painted him up and found some other detail pieces I had, cleaned and painting for the past couple days. I still have a long way to go, and hope to get the reproduction decals in soon (MCIRACING). But, I am very happy so far how it is turning out. Of course, this isn't my first Wild Willy rodeo. I have restored mine a few times over the years, and restored two other ones in the past couple years, so it is fun doing yet another one. Here is how he looks so far and how he looked when I got him. 

20200930_154847.jpg

20201002_154337.jpg

• Like 4