toyolien

An M-07R for some Winter Car Park Fun!!

18 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Unfortunately, these speed gears are made of a secret cheese. Hit someting at full speed and most of the time the fun is over.:wacko:

But in our Mini series we just run with the rule of a 20T pinion max., so every older Mini can in our races without being too slow on the straights.

Just my 2 cents...

..... I believe it's virgin Cheddar Curd!! 😲😜  I have heard the stories - if you're running anything beyond 27-25 Turn Motors. 

Since there's NOTHING resembling a Track within 120 miles of me (😭😖😢), I just run with 2 others in our Slumlord Palace Apartments....   I'm using an 18T Steel Pinion with a 17 Turn Motor, with a 3S BATRY!! 

It was clocked, by Police Radar - at 38.6mph!!! 😲  All I'd probably do with the Speed Gear Set, is MELT them!! 😜😂   ..... Now if Yeah Racing or someone of that quality came out with a Gearset for it, I'll try it. 

BUT is going FASTER than 40mph in a pre-M07 M Chassis Car a prudent idea?? 

Several years ago I did fit an 11.5T Brushless Motor in my M03! Had no means of measuring speed, but it looked faster than my current M05!!! 😳  ALSO, with the unmodified M03 "SLOP-R-US" Suspension and Steering - it was SCARY, and only on the hairy edge of control.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Unfortunately, these speed gears are made of a secret cheese. Hit someting at full speed and most of the time the fun is over.:wacko:

But in our Mini series we just run with the rule of a 20T pinion max., so every older Mini can in our races without being too slow on the straights.

Just my 2 cents...

I have speed gears from 3racing they are white and I already stripped one set. The others I got I cant remeber the manufacturer’s name but they are black and still work.

• Like 2

Great build, thanks for sharing.

I have the white gearset (3racing) for over a year without any issues in my M05. Its ran at a indoor carpet track. 

22T pinion, Ball differential with ceramic bearings, hollow carbon drivepin, and a ebay 9T brushless combo.

So far it’s clocked at 51,96km/h 😁

I guess I’m quiet progressive with the throttle so it’s held together nicely so far

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I have speed gears from 3racing they are white and I already stripped one set. The others I got I cant remeber the manufacturer’s name but they are black and still work.

Good news, black ones I don´t know yet! U had grey ones from Eagle Racing, and the usual white ones branded as Ride and some other companies. Maybe someone had a heart and gave us some quality gears.:)

Would be cool, if you could somehow remember, where you bought them, or who could have made them...

BR,

Matthias

• Like 1

Matthias is right, QUALITY High Speed Gears would be great! 

I'm reaching 63kph on 3S with a 17 Turn Motor, so I'm not sure how much faster I WANT to be going though with a mini!! 😲😜

4 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

Good news, black ones I don´t know yet! U had grey ones from Eagle Racing, and the usual white ones branded as Ride and some other companies. Maybe someone had a heart and gave us some quality gears.:)

Would be cool, if you could somehow remember, where you bought them, or who could have made them...

BR,

Matthias

Sure will try. Maybe I am mistaken. By thoughts about Tamiya reinforced gears.

but no pinions is higher then 22T so I think this could be a reason for indurance. On my M03 i Had the second option from the sheet and on my M05 the highest gear count on 22T pinion. Thats is saying I had to rebuild the Gearbox setup on the M05. That is a FDR of 4.99, after two runs on a 10T sensor less brushless it already has some afterwards noises from the gears.

• Sad 1

And finally, the body reveal. When I posted a pic over on the “what did you do today” thread, someone described this as a 'sleeper'. That's exactly what I had in mind from the start of this build. Having seen a couple of “track day” 2cv's, I thought this might be a good choice.

xe1gpko.jpg

4zHvNlD.jpg

A quick soapy wash.

Jj8ej3D.jpg

I then masked up the parts to sprayed black. The 2cv I was kind of modelling this one has a browny-cream coloured roof. I couldn't find that option using Tamiya PS paints, so opted for black. This will then be matt clear coated from the outside.

OK1S9me.jpg

Perfect. Just how I wanted it.

UwG8Eao.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the main colour, but after that was dry I then masked up the outside to matt clear the black.

zoKMLJv.jpg

oQQGLrB.jpg

HPe0tEf.jpg

And, here we are. Ready for the detailing. Panel lines, decals, light buckets etc etc...

Uo3Ks3M.jpg

AW6lXtw.jpg

And, here's a quick pic of the sort of look I'm aiming for.

47qo6vJ.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That looks GREAT!! 👌👏👏👏👏👏 

TBH, when the 2CV first came out... I LAUGHED!! The more I see Bodies like the one you've done, I've really come around. 👍👍 

I'm almost thinking about getting one to put on the M07R I'm getting, for that same Sleeper effect!! NICE work! 

Your build threads are mind blowing ! Love the decor !! 

The ta07r looks fantastic aswell :D

23 hours ago, Carmine A said:

That looks GREAT!! 👌👏👏👏👏👏 

TBH, when the 2CV first came out... I LAUGHED!! The more I see Bodies like the one you've done, I've really come around. 👍👍 

I'm almost thinking about getting one to put on the M07R I'm getting, for that same Sleeper effect!! NICE work! 

Thanks. Same here. Then I found a couple of 2cv's online that had had a BWM 1200gs motor bike engine installed, and that's what gave me this idea.

4 hours ago, t3garett said:

Your build threads are mind blowing ! Love the decor !! 

The ta07r looks fantastic aswell :D

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

Next up is cutting out all the decals. I'm glad that I'm only using a few of the decals because it's a proper headache cutting all these out...

gbFqEOb.jpg

I used some clear application roll I have left over from my sign writing days. This makes it very easy to apply tiny decals.

71QBVKw.jpg

8eKoCq6.jpg

lMuTIf9.jpg

Some hours later and the body is mostly done. I'm just toying with the idea of adding some small scale decals. We'll see.

Yp7TgMt.jpg

urBXmlN.jpg

67d9Y2l.jpg

f6hAkYH.jpg

fBtf35X.jpg

wI2QiSO.jpg

Next I'm going to add a simple interior and driver figure. Thanks for looking.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I’m really hoping for a white roll cage like the 1:1 pic..:D

That looks easily accomplished with some 3mm Styrene Pipes....

On 11/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, toyolien said:

Next up is cutting out all the decals. I'm glad that I'm only using a few of the decals because it's a proper headache cutting all these out...

I used some clear application roll I have left over from my sign writing days. This makes it very easy to apply tiny decals.

71QBVKw.jpg

8eKoCq6.jpg

lMuTIf9.jpg

Very clever 👍🏻
The window stickers were the least favourite part of my 2CV build.

Yours is looking great by the way, and will more than likely be the world’s fastest & best handling 2CV on that chassis 😉

• Like 1