Yawstring

My custom Agrios. "Big Air" Boss

I love that :) the world needs more monster trucks 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

I love that :) the world needs more monster trucks 

Thanks! I love Tamiya Monster trucks...  I hope they keep making great kits to build from. 

Very, very nice. What are the wheels, and can you fit stock Clod tires on them ?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 11:16 PM, Rb4276 said:

Can you use the stock hex from txt 2 to mount the rims

Yes. The wheels come with 3 different adaptor options so you can adjust the offset as needed. The adaptors fit directly over the stock hex, but If you use the narrow offset adaptors you will have to make a spacer and place it between the nut and wheel because the narrow adaptor allows more of the shaft to protrude and you will simply run out of threads before the nut can be fully tightened against the wheel. Let me know if that makes sense or not. 

1.jpg

7 hours ago, Yawstring said:

Yes. The wheels come with 3 different adaptor options so you can adjust the offset as needed. The adaptors fit directly over the stock hex, but If you use the narrow offset adaptors you will have to make a spacer and place it between the nut and wheel because the narrow adaptor allows more of the shaft to protrude and you will simply run out of threads before the nut can be fully tightened against the wheel. Let me know if that makes sense or not. 

1.jpg

Did you have to use a spacer? If so what did you use? Shims?

On 10/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, Rb4276 said:

Did you have to use a spacer? If so what did you use? Shims?

Hi, I'll try and take some pictures and explain it better soon...

That truck is AWESOME.... nice job.... I'd like to know what you did (if anything) with the axles.. 

Also, what mod did you do to fit those rims & tires... I'd like to do that on my Agrios

Nice work! What changes have you made to the chassis? I see 2 servos with custom mount, maybe custom wheelbase, but I can't see the propeller joint.