DeadMeat666

M06 builds

I was looking in the Builds forum for M06 builds, and I was surprised to find there were only four, the earliest of which goes back to 2014. Of those 4, I think 2 have expired pic hosting, so no pics, and the other 2 are more focussed on the body than the chassis. Am I just really bad at using the search function? Given the age of the M06 I really thought I'd find a bit more material builds-wise.

Also, I recall there was a member on here who was recently building a totally optioned-up M06 that had blue alu bits everywhere. Does anyone know that would be?

I'm asking out of curiosity of course...

For a friend...

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

could be me, i have my m06 all blinged out, not done yet.

Yeah, it's you :lol:. Thanks for coming forward!

I see you have the YR long-arm suspension kit; how is it? Would a mini (or even micro) review be too much to ask? :D

I had my eye on it MY FRIEND had his eye on it, but reviews online seem a. very sparse, and b. mixed at best.

I'd trust a TC member's review above all else.

Edited by DeadMeat666
It's for a friend. Not me. Definitely not me.
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

@DeadMeat666 haha  ok yeah i have both kits on this build

Excellent!!

Hold on I'll bring the popcorn....

Ok proceed.:) I'm all ears (or eyes rather)

the immediate issue is just the steering adjustment. the toe in is pretty aggressive with not any room to adjust to a less aggressive stance. 

IMG_20201005_140005.jpg

• Like 1

think i remember switching some screws out that were the wrong size. the instructions suck. and u really need to lay it all out on  the workspace ahead of time to organize it all. its a little confusing. but as far as fitment its good. everything is tight and well designed, ill post a bunch of pics on the thread now to show the kits installed

• Thanks 1

give me a few min, I gotta check on my kids before i delve into this fun

In the middle of one right now, but I’m all out of image space so waiting for my TCPhotos account to happen so I can document the few off-book changes I’m making 😏

9B95C89A-B5AA-4CCB-A4DC-3266703ABE37.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, schlabinski said:

I haven't done a build thread for mine because I shelved it before completion, but you're welcome to take a look at some photos of the build.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjtoUTPZ

great pics

1 hour ago, schlabinski said:

I haven't done a build thread for mine because I shelved it before completion, but you're welcome to take a look at some photos of the build.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjtoUTPZ

I agree with @Finnsllc, amazing pics. The build is very nicely done so far, may I ask why you never finished it? Seems a shame.

@DeadMeat666 I typically get stalled at the paint stage, it's my least favorite part of this hobby.  I can't believe the last picture was taken nearly 9 years ago.  How time files!  I guess that means I should start thinking about selling it.

1 minute ago, schlabinski said:

@DeadMeat666 I typically get stalled at the paint stage, it's my least favorite part of this hobby.  I can't believe the last picture was taken nearly 9 years ago.  How time files!  I guess that means I should start thinking about selling it.

I can feel your pain. I absolutely HATE painting and applying stickers to bodies, but I love building the chassis kits, so I've ended up with quite a few cars that have no finished bodies on them, which I'm sure several members here may have noticed by now. Recently I've been looking at kits that have prepainted body options to try and avoid that step, but then I think to myself "how can I make it unique and mine if I'm getting a factory-painted body?"

It's quite the dilemma.

I think the M06 is one of the most attractive chassis in the range. Its low slung, wide, and with the motor out back and battery centre stage, I think it's quite unique.

Mine doesn't have a lot of parts on it, but I think it's nice to look at, that's for sure! 

4cdetUQ.jpg

• Like 4

I agree @berman I've just finished my M06 chassis build (body next!) and it is a really tidy, well thought-through design and build. I've found a general progression of that clever thinking from build to build, starting with a Bigwig and then Boomerang, DF03, TT02, TA02SW, M03 and now M05. The only outlier was the Monster Beetle, which felt like an absolute basket-case to build :lol:

IMG_8012.jpeg

• Like 2

I am building an M06 with all hopups, Tcs legal, and black/silver everything.  Build is on my Instagram @mchassisrc 

07BFA1D5-F25A-4C95-BCFB-62D411090360.jpeg

• Like 2