DeadMeat666

M06 builds

55 minutes ago, Rubyred said:

I am building an M06 with all hopups, Tcs legal, and black/silver everything.  Build is on my Instagram @mchassisrc 

07BFA1D5-F25A-4C95-BCFB-62D411090360.jpeg

I like it, it's different than the rest of us in a sea of anodised blue.

I've been hunting for aluminum stabiliser clamps for the M06. I swore black and blue that alloy versions were available when I got my M06 but cannot find them anywhere. There is a slight chance I was getting them mixed up with the steering posts, but when I got my M06 and started to build it, my steering posts (on the A parts tree) were deformed, so I had another set sent to me, so you would think I knew what the steering posts looked like straight off the bat.

Please someone tell me I'm not crazy and someone makes alloy stabiliser clamps 🙃

F291T9M.jpg

On 10/5/2020 at 12:22 PM, Juhunio said:

In the middle of one right now, but I’m all out of image space so waiting for my TCPhotos account to happen so I can document the few off-book changes I’m making 😏

9B95C89A-B5AA-4CCB-A4DC-3266703ABE37.jpeg

I USED to have the same one......... 

Or should I say "my FRIEND had the same one"!!! 😜😂😄😂  Not sure what the embarrassment is all about, but it's definitely humorous! 

My only real gripe was - it handled like an unloaded Pickup Truck. 😳  Good Donut machine though.

Knowing what I've learned HERE, if the opportunity arises, "my Friend" would certainly get another!

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 3:57 AM, DeadMeat666 said:

5 days later.....   :ph34r::D

I know i know i know i  know

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I USED to have the same one......... 

Or should I say "my FRIEND had the same one"!!! 😜😂😄😂  Not sure what the embarrassment is all about, but it's definitely humorous! 

Let me explain my reason for embarrassment:

I've already ordered 25 hopups for a chassis I don't yet have. :blink:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

I know i know i know i  know

workin on it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I've already ordered 25 hopups for a chassis I don't yet have. :blink:

True friends only support the best in one another.

Well done, DeadMeat!  You hoard those RC parts like a squirrel prepping for winter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Cool. There's another DeadMeat on here? :lol:

I thought so too at first....

32 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

Very nice. A few questions if I may:

1. What's the difference in weight with all those aluminum bits? I'd image they are heavier than the plastic that they replace, which concerns me since the M06 is not that light to begin with. Also the fact that this additional weight is on the extremities does no favors to the car's polar moment of inertia

2. Have you tried it yet? Does it drive any better?

3. Why is the front of the car held together with hex screws, but not the rear?

4. What motor are you planning to run? What kind of power can the M06 handle (given the right suspension setup)? I tried the M07 with a sport tuned and I was very underwhelmed, but then again I'm sure the M07 is a more capable chassis by design, so that's no comparison.

Cheers!

@DeadMeat666 sorry about the wrong tag. Anyway. I’ll hrab my two other m06 and see what I can determine about weight. But my other two drive well, lots of “drift”. I’d say some extra weight may be good. Haven’t driven it as I want to finish the blue completely. As well as carbon front damper stay. As far as hex, it’s two different kits as photographed and posted earlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, as far as a motor? Ill defiantly throw a brushless in this. Its a vw bus kit, but i have been looking at other shells

1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

Also, as far as a motor? Ill defiantly throw a brushless in this. Its a vw bus kit, but i have been looking at other shells

A BRUSHLESS Type-2 Bus would certainly be defiant!!! 😲😜😳  A friend of mine drove one in High School..... 0-60........... MAYBE!! 

That should really be fun!

10 hours ago, Carmine A said:

A BRUSHLESS Type-2 Bus would certainly be defiant!!! 😲😜😳  A friend of mine drove one in High School..... 0-60........... MAYBE!! 

That should really be fun!

A company I used to work for had a Type 2 Camper as a company vehicle (tax asset!!) that we were allowed to book for weekends or weeks away. Getting it to 60 was, as you say, a challenge.

But the biggest issue was then getting the thing to stop again!! The brakes were worse than biscuit tins, you may as well hold a carrier bag out the window to create more braking force :lol:

So once you've built it @Finnsllc you need to set your ESC to the lowest punch setting and then disable all drag and reverse breaking capabilities, for that true VW bus driving experience! 

• Haha 1

Was there much in the way of spec difference between the standard kit and the M06 Pro?

Oil shocks and what else? 

38 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Was there much in the way of spec difference between the standard kit and the M06 Pro?

Oil shocks and what else? 

●Short Springs for TRF Dampers (Black)

●Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black)

●4mm Aluminum Flanged Lock Nuts (Blue)

●Turnbuckle Upper Arms 

●5mm Aluminum Ball Connector (Blue)

●Aluminum Horn for Hi-Torque Servo Saver

●M-05 Aluminum Steering Bridge

●M-05 Aluminum Steering Post

●M-05 Aluminum Turnbuckle Steering Rod

●CVA Oil Damper Super Mini (Clear)

●Full Ball Bearings

From the Tamiya website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

●Short Springs for TRF Dampers (Black)

●Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black)

●4mm Aluminum Flanged Lock Nuts (Blue)

●Turnbuckle Upper Arms 

●5mm Aluminum Ball Connector (Blue)

●Aluminum Horn for Hi-Torque Servo Saver

●M-05 Aluminum Steering Bridge

●M-05 Aluminum Steering Post

●M-05 Aluminum Turnbuckle Steering Rod

●CVA Oil Damper Super Mini (Clear)

●Full Ball Bearings

From the Tamiya website.

Thanks DM, that's quite a difference over all.