Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

Yeah racing big bore dampers

I see yeah racing do some great looking big bore dampers which mimic the tamiya ones. I know the quality of these will not be the same as the real thing but I want a set for my Durga. RC mart have the 70 mm ones for the front but I can't find a shop anywhere which sells the 90 mm versions. They do make them and are listed on their website but they do not have a retail section.  Anyone know where I can get hold of a set please? 

Can't speak about the dampers but I've recently upgraded three Avante class chassis to use Yeah racing front and rear alloy hubs and CV driveshafts. Quality is superb and far superior to the Tamiya junk that they replaced so I would have no hesitation in recommending them. 

I have a couple of TRF 55mm sets and two YR Shock Gear 60mm sets, and some other dampers and shocks sets. I can say that the YR is the closest to TRF. Build is well made. Rebound and smoothness is very well too. They come with extra springs, lots of pistons, lots of e-clips, shaft ends, 30cst oil and titanium coated rods. All for almost half the price of TRF. Some people change the o-rings of the YR and say that it improved even more. But I'm so far happy with them as they are.

I have another set arriving soon, 55mm on-road. I was supposed to get another TRF but since this new one wil go to an FF-01 shelf queen, I opted for the YR instead. Looks very close to a TRF too. Also, this one comes with 3 sets of springs and lots of extras for only $24.90.

Yeah Racing Shock-Gear 55mm Damper Set for 1/10 RC Touring Car Blue

• Like 1

I have a set of them in 80mm, they worked ok when mounted vertical, but mounted on any mild angle they are pretty terrible, I was really really disappointed as I’d heard a lot of good things about the sub 60mm versions. I’m wondering if they’ve changed the seal/guide system on the new 90/100mm to stop the piston dragging so much if you mount them on a slight angle (like all off road shocks are). I think it’s a non issue on the shorter shocks, but as they get longer there is more leverage on the shaft when it’s fully extended allowing the piston to be forced hard against the wall of the shock body. 

will wait to see. 

• Thanks 1