DayRider

My first off road buggy?

@DayRider As far as I can find, the cheapest DT03, with oil shocks, torque tuned etc I could find, but £13 delivery (well it was, last time I bought a kit from there) was from Tamico (who are also one of the sponsors this page ). 

It has been cheaper, but that's when the exchange rate was better.

Looking at £90 delivered.

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Neo-Fighter-Buggy-DT-03-Bausatz-58587

• Like 1

I think DT-02 Sand Viper is a good shout - or the DN-01

TT02B isn't a great buggy by any stretch (I spent at least the cost of the kit again on mine to get it to something I was happy with) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Wooders28 said:

@DayRider As far as I can find, the cheapest DT03, with oil shocks, torque tuned etc I could find, but £13 delivery (well it was, last time I bought a kit from there) was from Tamico (who are also one of the sponsors this page ). 

It has been cheaper, but that's when the exchange rate was better.

Looking at £90 delivered.

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Neo-Fighter-Buggy-DT-03-Bausatz-58587

Great shout mate,  thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DayRider said:

Great shout mate,  thanks

If you're thinking of hop ups, it might be worth pricing them up the now and get it as one shipping fee, as I think postage is still £13 on single items! 

(Well, I priced up a steering bridge for the DF03, and that was £13 delivery.....)

1 minute ago, Wooders28 said:

If you're thinking of hop ups, it might be worth pricing them up the now and get it as one shipping fee, as I think postage is still £13 on single items! 

(Well, I priced up a steering bridge for the DF03, and that was £13 delivery.....)

totally bonkers eh? not sure just how much I'll putting into this one. its just something for the winter. I'm saying that now but its a nasty affliction this hobby :lol: 

• Haha 1

For a first buggy, I'd grab a 2WD. If it's got to be a Tamiya, the DT02/03 is a fun, simple car that drives like a buggy. Nimble, light feeling, with enough edge to be really fun. The Super Astute drives really well and is a definite step up, with a much sharper edge.

If brand doesn't matter, a TLR 22 or AE B6 would be an absolute pleasure, and wouldn't require any hop ups at all. They'll take a lot more horsepower than the Tamiyas, too.

I'd avoid the Bandit, just because they don't drive like a buggy. They feel like they weigh fifty pounds and handle like a hog on roller skates. They're really ugly, too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DayRider said:

totally bonkers eh? not sure just how much I'll putting into this one. its just something for the winter. I'm saying that now but its a nasty affliction this hobby :lol: 

Probably better not to mention , tamico do an, offer of the week, then? ......🤦‍♂️

(Updates on midnight (11pm for us) Sunday) 

https://tamico.de/

I saw a few people mention the DN-01. Spares are thin on the ground, but considering that the TRF201 was essentially a metric AE B4, what about finding a NOS B4 kit? Parts will be readily available for centuries, and they're one of the last of the race buggies that were as good in the yard as on the track.

If you want something that has a gearbox that can handle general brushless power it’s hard to beat DT02/3 (same gearbox) I’ve never had any ingress with any of my DT’s, and they get thoroughly abused with paddle tires and serious  uncontrolable idiot brushless power. 

I really love the way the DF01 drives in Top Force or manta Ray guise but the gearbox can’t handle a lot of power combined with a lot of grip. No amount of mods seem to help. However if you stick to brushed or about a 13.5t sensored it’s perfectly fine. But I wouldn’t strap anything sensorless in it, been there, done that... nope. 

Juls

• Thanks 1