Bennett Ironman

Birthday 'Hopper' is a Go Go Go 😊

Morning everyone πŸ™Œ

My long awaited 'Candy Green' Hopper build is now on...(birthday just) anything I need to buy/upgrade,battery door thingy ? EtcΒ 

Happy birthday! Ive nearly finished my candy green goodness... just have the painting to do. I kept mine stock apart from the bearings, it’ll only get some light running on flat grass avoid jumps and hopefully remain looking mint... well that’s the plan.. i did buy a spare basher body..

You definitely want to upgrade to 540 size motor - the 380 makes the car go 10km/h fast :-) Even the standard silver can is a huge improvement.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:32 AM, Bennett Ironman said:

Morning everyone πŸ™Œ

My long awaited 'Candy Green' Hopper build is now on...(birthday just) anything I need to buy/upgrade,battery door thingy ? EtcΒ 

And remember BallBearing set, they are very cheap now and this kitΒ dont have many. If i remember correclty the ones in grasshoppper are plastic, you need ball bearings! :)

• Thanks 1

540 :Β nice

Ball bearing :Β very nice

+oil shocks -> green birthday winner !!

I did not find good oil shocks for my grasshopper, those i got where useless. The only ones i could find on Ebay.Β Here is my GrassHopper

Esit: i thought my Hopper where just fine with 380, went faster than i first thought :)

Hi everyone....hope we are all staying safe πŸ‘ updates on the 'birthday' Hopper ....

Obviously really enjoyed building the basic kit πŸ™‚ really good fun looking at how far RC cars have come since my original 'Hopper' back in 1984Β 

But I made a couple of 'boo boo's 😳 yes I spent hours painting the lettering on the tyres only to find that when I built the wheels up all the white lettering cracked 😬 I now remember someone mentioning that on the forum πŸ™ˆ second was the classic not remembering that the front and rear screws for the wheels are different lengths .....it's all part of the fun...I guess got bodyshell to paint 🎨 and decals to apply probably not going to run this build as it's a 'shelfie' 😍...

IMG_20201109_132743_403.jpg