Bennett Ironman

Birthday 'Hopper' is a Go Go Go ๐Ÿ˜Š

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™Œ

My long awaited 'Candy Green' Hopper build is now on...(birthday just) anything I need to buy/upgrade,battery door thingy ? Etcย 

Happy birthday! Ive nearly finished my candy green goodness... just have the painting to do. I kept mine stock apart from the bearings, itโ€™ll only get some light running on flat grass avoid jumps and hopefully remain looking mint... well thatโ€™s the plan.. i did buy a spare basher body..

You definitely want to upgrade to 540 size motor - the 380 makes the car go 10km/h fast :-) Even the standard silver can is a huge improvement.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:32 AM, Bennett Ironman said:

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ™Œ

My long awaited 'Candy Green' Hopper build is now on...(birthday just) anything I need to buy/upgrade,battery door thingy ? Etcย 

And remember BallBearing set, they are very cheap now and this kitย dont have many. If i remember correclty the ones in grasshoppper are plastic, you need ball bearings! :)

• Thanks 1

540 :ย nice

Ball bearing :ย very nice

+oil shocks -> green birthday winner !!

I did not find good oil shocks for my grasshopper, those i got where useless. The only ones i could find on Ebay.ย Here is my GrassHopper

Esit: i thought my Hopper where just fine with 380, went faster than i first thought :)

Hi everyone....hope we are all staying safe ๐Ÿ‘ updates on the 'birthday' Hopper ....

Obviously really enjoyed building the basic kit ๐Ÿ™‚ really good fun looking at how far RC cars have come since my original 'Hopper' back in 1984ย 

But I made a couple of 'boo boo's ๐Ÿ˜ณ yes I spent hours painting the lettering on the tyres only to find that when I built the wheels up all the white lettering cracked ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I now remember someone mentioning that on the forum ๐Ÿ™ˆ second was the classic not remembering that the front and rear screws for the wheels are different lengths .....it's all part of the fun...I guess got bodyshell to paint ๐ŸŽจ and decals to apply probably not going to run this build as it's a 'shelfie' ๐Ÿ˜...

IMG_20201109_132743_403.jpg