slimleeroy

Re re Ultima gearbox on o/g Ultima

Hi does anyone know which parts I need from the re re Ultima in order to make a gearbox up to attach to my vintage car.  Thanks

the entire thing? you may as well buy the kit just for the savings and spare parts.

if you really want to pick through  the parts list piece by piece just go to kyosho's site and download the instruction manual. the #s are all nicely indexed and drawn.

enjoy your build :)

Edited by BardsDirge
my tongue fell out

3 hours ago, BardsDirge said:

the entire thing? you may as well buy the kit just for the savings and spare parts.

if you really want to pick through  the parts list piece by piece just go to kyosho's site and download the instruction manual. the #s are all nicely indexed and drawn.

enjoy your build :)

It's actually not too expensive.  Around £45. May sound alot but no different to the upgrade for the top cat and it means I can enjoy my Ultima guilt free. It's still such a good car

• Like 1

21 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

It's actually not too expensive.  Around £45. May sound alot but no different to the upgrade for the top cat and it means I can enjoy my Ultima guilt free. It's still such a good car

Not as bad as I'd have thought! 🤔

I had an RB5 laying about, so i nailed that gearbox to it! (And shocks/drive shafts)

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Not as bad as I'd have thought! 🤔

I had an RB5 laying about, so i nailed that gearbox to it! (And shocks/drive shafts)

Did it boot straight on or did you have to mod. 

43 minutes ago, slimleeroy said:

Did it boot straight on or did you have to mod. 

Didn't take that much modding tbh, 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 11:02 PM, KEV THE REV said:

You can still buy the original parts to build a new gearbox if you want it to be all original

Got it built now. I wanted it to be suitable for modern running. The stock Ultima gearbox is fairly strong however the spur/counter gear strips and a new set is £20 pop. 

• Like 1

Nice one. I managed to bolt on an Ultima rear end onto my Lunchbox project.  The resistor is just for effect . The sway bar is now complete and the damper rear springs have been changed .

20201030_122838.jpg

• Like 4