Bennett Ironman

Fell out of love with my carbon Shock Towers 🥺

Don't no why but ever since I upgraded my shock towers on my DT03 .....I never really liked the look 😳 I reckon GPM Alloy ones gonna look much better 💰......anyone else agree and changed there's ?

IMG_20201013_160342.jpg

I partially fell out of love with mine when they caused both front gearbox integral shock tower uprights to snap meaning a new gearbox for my Avante2001.... ;)

(Well, to be fair, the buggy flipped at 20mph+ and landed on the shock tower so I suspect any shock tower would have caused the same result)

However, even in a sorry state like this the carbon x-brace still looks sexy :D

avante2001_xbrace_damage.jpg

• Thanks 1

No, I dont agree. Carbon single twill is sexy, very sexy fabric :wub:

First Tamiyas which came with FRP parts looked so much more serious then ABS plastic. This is the time where I started to love the look, till today.

• Thanks 1

I prefer carbon over alloy.

Alloy ones tend to bend in a crash, while carbon doesn't.

I have a lot of alloy parts on most of my cars, but none of them has alloy shock towers or a-arms due to them bending or breaking other parts instead of the original plastic versions which flex before breaking.

• Thanks 1

Having seen what happens to a TVR bodyshell in a crash I would go with alloy over carbon for things like shock towers. Yes the alloy might bend in a crash, but carbon simply snaps if you hit it hard enough. Alloy I can always squash back flat in a vice, but once carbon has snapped it's bin food.