Sign in to follow this  
Wandy

Fire Dragon re-re-release #47457

No idea why topic has been posted twice...! Mods please delete the other one, lol.

I passed on this the first time around. Could be tempted this time though.

I'm waiting for a Thundershot re-re-release, as that was my first Tamiya. However a Fire Dragon does look nice. I never quite pulled the trigger on a Terra Scorcher, not quite sure why.

It was the rereleased Terra Scorcher during lockdown that got me interested in RC again after almost thirty years of them not being on my radar. I had a Super Sabre QD when I was about ten and would love for Tamiya to rerelease one of those.

It seems strange that they are rereleasing a kit that they've already put to market in relatively recent times, I guess it's very cost efficient to do so as all the injection dies have been machined, but it's a shame they don't mix it up a bit more, I'd guess 90% of the components are shared.

It's happened quite a lot....

Mad fighter - twice

Madbull - twice

Super clodbuster

Xr311 - twice?

Dynastorm - twice?

Manta ray - twice

Top force - twice

Super champ - twice

Avante - twice?

Probably many more, some above same kit number, some have changed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilSpike said:

It was the rereleased Terra Scorcher during lockdown that got me interested in RC again after almost thirty years of them not being on my radar. I had a Super Sabre QD when I was about ten and would love for Tamiya to rerelease one of those.

It seems strange that they are rereleasing a kit that they've already put to market in relatively recent times, I guess it's very cost efficient to do so as all the injection dies have been machined, but it's a shame they don't mix it up a bit more, I'd guess 90% of the components are shared.

Between this, the Terra and the thunder shot (which has already been re released). The thunder dragon does.not have any parts other than the body which isn't already available.  Saying that. It is exactly the same as the thundershot

7 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

Saying that. It is exactly the same as the thundershot

Other than the Fire Dragon has the twin front shock setup as per Terra Scorcher. :)

In all honesty, the difference in performance is negligible, we have run both side by side and on rough ground the monoshock is the better option but even on flat tarmac on a race track measured with transponders the lap time differences between monoshock and the twin shock is very small.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mud4fun said:

Other than the Fire Dragon has the twin front shock setup as per Terra Scorcher. :)

In all honesty, the difference in performance is negligible, we have run both side by side and on rough ground the monoshock is the better option but even on flat tarmac on a race track measured with transponders the lap time differences between monoshock and the twin shock is very small.

I meant the thunder dragon is the same sorry

• Like 1