Wandy

Fire Dragon re-re-release 47457

4 hours ago, taffer said:

Well fusion will price match that plus remove the ESC and fusion 10% discount makes it £148 ish which is ok, a bit top end on price

Actually £138.60! That's better

OOH, That is much better! 

Seriously tempting but do I really need yet another thundershot on top of the 12 I already have....... :lol:

Middle mudlet and I were talking last night about buying a Schumacher Cat L1 Evo each at some point, need to save up ALOT of money for those...... but would make a fun and interesting comparison to our vintage cars if doing postal racing LOL

Oh okay, I actually like the fire dragon more than the terra so depending on price here in the US, maybe pick up a terra car and then a fire body. If fire is a lot less than terra, then get fire car and put some upgrades over time. 

SHOULD have done the TunderDragon......then they would have re done all 4 in the family.

Makes no odds to me as I have all 4 already (with TBG bodies though)

• Like 1

What would be good would be for the fire dragon to get its own Tamiya video!? Isn't it the only one of the series never to get its own video? ( Or at least give Matteo a kit to do one)

Or better still do a video with both storm dragon and fire dragon zooming around....

• Like 2

It has a pre-cut and pre-painted body!

Which in this case is nice, like the storm dragon

6 hours ago, taffer said:

It has a pre-cut and pre-painted body!

Which in this case is nice, like the storm dragon

What’s release date ?

Does it really come with a pre-cut and painted body? I now the VQS is getting this  treatment but is the Fire Dragon too?

Release date is still Feb 2021 for UK it seems and pic showing pre-painted remark

Screenshot_20201116_202253.jpg

Interesting .. wondering if this will be the trend going forward with re release kits - pre-cut and pre-painted bodies. How does everyone feel about this - good/bad/indifferent?

39 minutes ago, Nova1 said:

Interesting .. wondering if this will be the trend going forward with re release kits - pre-cut and pre-painted bodies. How does everyone feel about this - good/bad/indifferent?

Although I like painting bodies, I'm okay with this.  This allows for a bang-up box art job if the owner wants to go that route and keep it for shelf duty while purchasing a second body to customize and use as a runner.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:47 PM, slimleeroy said:

It beggars belief that they release a new car and no replacement bodies. Tamiya infuriate me with this stuff all the time. TAMIYA. WE WANT TO RUN YOUR CARS BUT WE CAN'T COS WERE TOO SCARED OF BREAKING THEM AND THEN THEY BECOME AN EXPENSIVE PAPERWEIGHT. 

That’s why I lightly run my cars on grass and I have Schumacher’s for racing now. Fed up with the lack of spares from Tamiya.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:11 PM, mud4fun said:

OOH, That is much better! 

Seriously tempting but do I really need yet another thundershot on top of the 12 I already have....... :lol:

Middle mudlet and I were talking last night about buying a Schumacher Cat L1 Evo each at some point, need to save up ALOT of money for those...... but would make a fun and interesting comparison to our vintage cars if doing postal racing LOL

L1 Evo. An amazing car. I’ve actually gone for the nicer looking L1 bodyshell instead of the Evo which I think looks ugly lol

142B30F5-063A-49A4-B98D-D1CC6790CEB8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, Nova1 said:

Maybe Tamiya is finally starting to listen to its customers. In many forums, and threads, it seems the majority of people like building the chassis, but absolutely hate the body prep, painting, and decaling process, myself included. Some body shells take as long, or longer to complete than the chassis. Some will hate the lack of color choices, but maybe going forward Tamiya can at least offer pre-cut bodies, and window masks! The last couple of Kyosho's I built, except for the Ultima all had pre-cut bodies, window masks, and pre-cut decals. This seems to be the trend, and I for one welcome the change.

• Like 1

Neither myself nor my daughter's are interested in pre-painted shells. We have our own team colours and would want a clear shell to paint ourselves. These are kits after all and we expect to put in some effort to build them and we enjoy the painting. The pre-painted bodies should be sold as options IMHO or Tamiya should provide a clear shell in the kit in addition to the pre-painted, especially at the prices being asked.

From previous experience all that will happen is Tamiya will only produce a tiny run of clear shells, nowhere near sufficient to allow every person who bought a kit to be able to get one, somebody will buy them all up and then flog them to collectors for five times the price.

At least if the clear shell came in the kit, it would put off people doing that to some degree.. 

• Like 2

There is no reason Tamiya could not drop in a clear body in these kits as well. The Subaru Brat comes to mind here, and I also remember the Formula F201 having a carbon printed body, and clear in the kit.

• Like 2

If Tamiya is going to start putting prepainted bodies in kits, they absolutely should include a clear one too. While box art is "correct" for collectors, I prefer to do it myself or choose my own scheme. Preparing the body is part of the pleasure of building for me, and really adds to the sense of accomplishment, even if I didn't do a perfect job. Building the chassis is just assembly; the body brings the element of modeling to the experience. 

Now, I'm fine with a precut body, as long as it doesn't have the body mount holes drilled. I like cutting bodies, but not so much that I'm turned off by precut.

As for this release, I'm glad that there's another Thundershot available, although the Terra Scorcher was a very limited run and I would have liked it to be available for a little longer so I could have gotten one.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Avante2001R said:

Will be supplied with standard dog bone shafts. 

Good!

• Like 1

It doesn't bother me for three reasons

1.its not my only buggy of this chassis

2.its just noisy which lessens in time

3. Because I love this chassis I have a few old gearsets from 30 years ago so I could swap them in the build, but I won't.

Obviously I'd like Tamiya to sort it out because they are not upholding 'first in quality around the world' statement.

If someone wants to create an online petition that we could sign and send to Tamiya regarding this, then I'll happily sign it.

Otherwise my terra scorcher will continue to get onlookers to ask if it's a nitro! 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Avante2001R said:

Will be supplied with standard dog bone shafts. 

Good news, the UJ driveshafts are not suitable for the rear of these buggies. Dogbones are actually superior. In my youth we only needed UJ's on the front as they had to cope with both vertical movement and steering too. Dogbones operate at more extreme angles with less vibration. I had to use up a pair of brand new dogbones and drive cups from my parts stock to fix my daughter's re-re terra scorcher. As long as they are kept clear of grit and well lubricated they should last ages with silver cans. :)

• Like 1

TamiyaBase shows a release date of March 20, 2021.

I have no idea if that is accurate.

Terry