Wandy

Fire Dragon re-re-release 47457

37 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

TamiyaBase shows a release date of March 20, 2021.

I have no idea if that is accurate.

Terry

Rcmart has them in stock now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

Rcmart has them in stock now.

Yeah, I saw that. I wasn’t sure if it was a preorder or not.

If it’s anything like the Kyosho wheels I ordered from RCMart, I’ll be able to buy the Fire Dragon from my LHS before it arrives from HK...

3 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

TamiyaBase shows a release date of March 20, 2021.

I have no idea if that is accurate.

Terry

thats some good news, im not in the market for a Fire Dragon (its still tempting) but atleast i have a ball park time its brother the TD might be released.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:03 PM, mud4fun said:

Good news, the UJ driveshafts are not suitable for the rear of these buggies. Dogbones are actually superior. In my youth we only needed UJ's on the front as they had to cope with both vertical movement and steering too. Dogbones operate at more extreme angles with less vibration. I had to use up a pair of brand new dogbones and drive cups from my parts stock to fix my daughter's re-re terra scorcher. As long as they are kept clear of grit and well lubricated they should last ages with silver cans. :)

I cannot follow your argument at the moment. Neither the UJ driveshafts on my Terra Scorcher nor the ones I added to my Fire Dragon bind or cause vibrations. Will the problem occur later after some runs?

I think it was in reference to the angle of droop!? The new type cvd's catch slightly compared to the original Universal's (at max.droop), my terra has arms that are only slightly below level and seem to be ok.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

I cannot follow your argument at the moment. Neither the UJ driveshafts on my Terra Scorcher nor the ones I added to my Fire Dragon bind or cause vibrations. Will the problem occur later after some runs?

I didn't have any UJ issues either on my 2020 Terra Scorcher. Even with the car off the ground, there's no binding or vibration and everything feels pretty smooth, all the more after a few runs. So far so good

• Like 1

Thanks!

Good to hear from your experiences!

If building another one, I would use dog bones rear and cvd's in front only, enabling me to have a spare set for the front....

Hi guys, I have the fire dragon in stock, ping me a pm if interested

I'm a bit wary of trimming and painting lexan as it's not a practiced thing yet for me, so the pre-done body in this kit is a bonus.  I just picked it up today , along with the Futaba and some other bits. 

040.JPG

• Like 4

Not sure what is going on but they seem to be running these out on EBay Australia, just got one from a reputable bricks and motor store for $184 AU including shipping, or $127 US , that’s just too crazy to pass up , I have a vintage one and haven’t finished building my Terra Scorcher yet 😔
( I used a eBay plus financial year discount of $52 AU to get that price)

• Like 1