ploots

Spare nuts and bolts

Hi all

I'm just wondering where you get regular sized mixed nuts and bolts from, I've got a sandscorcher, rising storm and a tt02 some of the bolts screws and things need replacing and also wouldn't mind just having spares 

Cheers 

If you make a list I could probably help👍

Metric - dome head, counter sunk etc, I'll get packs of 20 off eBay, usually 30mm long and cut to size.

Good question about others, they just , appear at the bottom of tool boxes !?! 😂🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

I go on ebay, set item location to UK and then go through the back page of the manual with the parts listing and search for the screws with terms like:

"M3 12mm button hex" 

"M3 10mm cap hex" 

Just suffix your material of choice at the end (I use steel or titanium) 

Took me about 20 mins doing this to order all of the screws needed for a CC02 I'm about to start building. 

Alternatively just search for things like "TT02 screw kit" or "M07 screw kit" on eBay - but you'll pay a bit more than buying things seperately I think (and genuine Tamiya sets can cost a small fortune). 

If you dont care about delivery times then AliExpress is probably the cheapest place anywhere to get screws and stuff. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I bought literally hundreds of stainless steel screws, bolts, nyloc nuts, washers etc from GWR Fasteners on ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gwr-fasteners). They cost about the same as a set of 20 titanium Tamiya branded screws..... :lol:

They weigh maybe 15-20g more per car but for basher buggies/trucks who cares? at least they wont rust every time I clean the car.

Just look in the Metric A2 stainless section and they have pretty much every size of screw, bolt or nut that you need for a Tamiya, the only exception being the self tappers used in plastic Tamiyas which are an odd length but I've replaced I'd guess at 90% of my screws/bolts/nuts with stainless on all my most used buggies. Just be careful and use copper slip to lubricate the threads if putting stainless into alloy or you'll find they seize up.

• Like 1

Screw Fix is a very good source for nuts bolts and screws I found in the UK. 
Cheap as chips. I’ve still got some from spares I bought 15 years ago and haven’t gone rusty or corroded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, svenb said:

If you make a list I could probably help👍

That's very kind of you I'm not sure of there sizes though I've not got the manuals for them

I bought mine from Banggood. Went with steel, they work fine and were cheap. Got cap head, button head and countersunk in different lengths with various nuts for not much money. I would avoid screw kits, they will cost heaps more

5 hours ago, ploots said:

That's very kind of you I'm not sure of there sizes though I've not got the manuals for them

All of the tamiya manuals are online as PDFs - alternatively you can probably get a list from Tamiyabase site somehow as well. 

• Like 1