Golden

Hornet - black edition - equivalent paint code?

Hi I quite fancy a black edition hornet - but not at £250.... does anyone know if there’s an equivalent/close-as-possible metallic Tamiya Lexan paint colour which I can use on a standard hornet, and which might get me close to the same effect as the metal plating/coating on the black edition kit?

It’s a bit difficult to tell from the on-line paint codes - so grateful if someone’s used something which might work?

ps-48 semi gloss aluminium, have to back it with black, really nice.....my shelfer dynahead was painted that way (in my showroom)

It's not as shiny but it does look nice

Ah very good - will this give a silver appearance or a metallic black-ish? So apply the silver first and then the black (painted on the inside of the Lexan and in that order obviously!)?

yes , its aluminium first then black, the appearance is aluminium not dark chrome (or black metallic), quite bright and slightly reflective

You could also try the Tamiya Lame Flake PS53 if you want a 'glittery' metallic look. I think it looks awesome, but then I like anything sparkly.