Busdriver

Postal Charges

I'm intending to sell off 2 or 3 cars in the next few weeks. As much as I dont want to close the door on anybody I was going to offer them for UK delivery. What are other members preferred postal/courier and roughly what should I be asking for to cover the cost. I'm looking at Madbull/Wild One size.

RM are decent for £10 imo.

But I have used Parcels2Go about 200 times and never had an issue, I find it easier to drop a parcel off at a corner shop because I can’t get to the PO because of the hours I work. 

Always pack well and insurance the item for the sold price is the way I do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ebay do their own global shipping service now I believe if an international buyer, buys your item. They pay the extra postage, and you ship it to an eBay center in the U.K and they do everything for you. At the buyers cost.

• Thanks 1

I was looking at clodbuster parts for a while and loads of results coming from the USA where postage costs more than the item. 

Sold a couple of international items through eBay and it's always gone well.

• Thanks 1

In my experience - For everyones sake, never ever use Hermes or even ever feel tempted to use them if your items have any value more than pennies. And never use UKmail either as they are also a bunch of scamming thieving gits.

I would try and stick with Royal Mail or any that actually have a depot you can visit in person or at least a customer services department.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Superluminal said:

In my experience - For everyones sake, never ever use Hermes or even ever feel tempted to use them if your items have any value more than pennies. And never use UKmail either as they are also a bunch of scamming thieving gits.

I would try and stick with Royal Mail or any that actually have a depot you can visit in person or at least a customer services department.

I'll definitely second that👍 the problems I've had with Hermes I used them once and they returned it because they mistakenly thought the return address was the delivery address (and it had sender next to my address which was on the back of the parcel) and don't get me started on the items I've had delivered! We've found them in Next doors garden and even two streets down same number different street in their back garden aswell🤨 my local postman is the font of knowledge when it comes to who lives where and what's happening! and if I'm selling something Royal mail I've not had any problems with I just walk with the dog to the post office and I've never had a problem so I stick to what works for me (why try to fix something that isn't broken) price wise they are all much the same smaller items royal mail are cheaper!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hermes are good when it works.

When it doesn't, good luck getting hold of anyone that can help you, their customer service is non existent.

• Like 1

I always use Royal Mail/ Parcelforce. Costs vary but £12 - £17 would normally cover it if it weighs over 2kg. Just be careful with insurance. You must take photos as you pack it to prove it was packaged correctly. There is a guide on their website somewhere that's worth checking out. 

I only ever use Royal mail now for sending stuff. Even if they are more expensive than other couriers at least they deliver to the door. From the posts here it sounds like MyHermes just throw the parcels out of a B17 from 25000ft and hope they get somewhere near the target........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

I only ever use Royal mail now for sending stuff. Even if they are more expensive than other couriers at least they deliver to the door. From the posts here it sounds like MyHermes just throw the parcels out of a B17 from 25000ft and hope they get somewhere near the target........

I had a Hermes delivery that they photographed outside of my front door, only it wasn't my house. They had no idea which house they had left it outside. After 3 days in the rain the home owners noticed it and brought it round. 

Royal Mail / Parcel Force may not be the cheapest but I only use them for shipping items in the UK & anything going overseas up to small packet size & weight limit.

Previously used Hermes as we had a really good agent and she would collect items at an agreed time but she quit recently and her replacement basically could not care less - when he delivers he never even bothers to ring the doorbell, just leaves stuff on the doorstep after presumably taking a photo.

For bulky items going overseas UPS Drop-Off are a bit cheaper than Parcelforce International - handy for me as I have a local drop-off point.

Decent packaging is a must for any carrier.

I've started listing everything as free postage/ shipping and add a bit to the start price, for cars ,around £15.

The global shipping on eBay seems to work well, but confused me at first, as a uk seller, you get an address in Litchfield to send it to, who then redirect it, and sort out the duties etc etc.

Me being me, thought it was 2 people in the same work place ,and messaged them both, saying I could combine the postage!! The guy in France, and the guy in California seemed a bit confused......🤦‍♂️

I did get messages from buyers in other countries, saying my postage costs where expensive, which seemed odd, as I considered , free , as quite cheap! But eBay add their extra postage costs, and they get displayed in the buyers country,  which we obviously, have no control over.

I've used a few different couriers over the years, but now only use the post office (parcels4u had an offer on),  Myhermes have been actually fine for me, although one car I sold, is still in the system as, out for delivery....

Some people don't like Myhermes, guess there's peoole had bad experiences, and as above, there's zero customer services to speak to.

4 hours ago, MadInventor said:

What a ridiculous post, as if Herpes would waste money on a B17!!!!. Its a Sopwith Camel they usually use:D

Mind you I'm having trouble with DHL at the moment😡 my tamico order has been sitting with them for 3 weeks now the tracking just says handed over for onward transport ? I've contacted tamico and got a half baked response "we've placed a complaint" and that's all I've had

+1 for RM / ParcelForce in the UK

Need to watch their insurance limits - and it’s expensive to increase - but still the most reliable / least likely to damage RC 

eBay international shipping is convenient but hugely expensive - esp if buyers don’t realise eBay build import fees etc into the price + take their margin on the lot ...

Again, RM / ParecelForce use their local counterparts for international post - and are a close second in ease of use / sorting any issues out 

The main benefit with eBay international shipping is they’ll ultimately make sellers whole for their fees etc if it all goes wrong 

Buyers don’t get any more than they’d get anyway - which is why it’s still a turn off ...