Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

Awesomatix A12. Pan car, new concept?

Has anybody seen this?

a new concept in pan car racing, it may not look so, but this car has a damper.

https://www.redrc.net/2020/09/awesomatix-a12-1-12th-scale-chassis/

I think it is cool and really makes me happy to see such innovations.

edit:

who understands german, there is a 1hour long comparison with a Xray 1:12. Made by Stefan from T2Shop

• Like 1

Ok, so the whole chassis is a damper which can be adjusted with those sidepanels. Clever : )

So it's a torsion bar?. 

Or possibly a leaf spring?

Hard to see how it works but sounds like a cross between a torsion bar and a leaf spring?. 

The A12 follows the Awesomatix tradition of innovation by using specially designed hydraulic rotary dampeners instead of traditional oil piston shocks. The A12 rear rotary damper unit is very compact in size and mounted at the lowest possible point on the chassis. Inside of the damper case are two rotary damper ‘vanes’ that work independently to ensure smooth and efficient dampening, which can be adjusted by different viscosity silicone oil. This carefully designed damper provides the required ratio between both the longitudinal and side dampening needed to excel on any track condition. This rear damper is easily removable, too, as just two screws allow for the “quick release” of the entire unit.

a rotary damper

Just now, ACCEL said:

It's possibly mine

Check their A800 touring car. Also some freaking interesting innovations I also had to look twice to found the dampers haha

https://www.rcmaker.com.au/products/awesomatix-a800xa-touring-car-kit?variant=400306438171

but this 1/12 is advertised as “tweak free” and looks really promising. If not it looks really cool.

A800 touring car looks like Swiss clock movements to me, and the tag to go with it. It's a Gorgeous one for sure.

i'll put it on the Xmas list. after i donate to the Fire Fund.

seriously i try hard to make sure i give back, i've been blessed not just to buy and build, but to give back when all possible it's important to me. it's not for self gratification it's because whom else is going to and it it always comes back triple fold, lived it, doin'  it and Thankful for it.

5 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Check their A800 touring car. Also some freaking interesting innovations I also had to look twice to found the dampers haha

https://www.rcmaker.com.au/products/awesomatix-a800xa-touring-car-kit?variant=400306438171

but this 1/12 is advertised as “tweak free” and looks really promising. If not it looks really cool.

cenracing-8980-01-310x310_0.jpg

Cen Racing 1/10 Ford F450 SD DL-Series Grey Titanium RTR Custom Truck

Nice find,

how about these? to bad they're RTR (Bummer!) RCMart

Seems interesting.

but I have my eyes ona 4x4 truggy or short course car  or stadium truck a long long time.

My collection is missing a offroader badly.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Seems interesting.

but I have my eyes ona 4x4 truggy or short course car  or stadium truck a long long time.

My collection is missing a offroader badly.

well dag nab it, get on it!

what Company (brand) are you looking at?

1 hour ago, ACCEL said:

well dag nab it, get on it!

what Company (brand) are you looking at?

Hard to tell.

I like the Team Associated and Xray stadium trucks/truggy’s.

but they are kind of professional racing trucks.

then traxxas has interesting short course trucks 

and

kyosho or proline also have RTR models that are attractive.

but then Tamiya kicks in and I would opt for the Blitzer Beetle the most.

8 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Team Associated

i miss their TC's

parts are everywhere, that's why i have a few.

i like Mugen but parts here in the US are somewhat scarce and Schumacher the same but always very much like their products.

Xray, well they're Xray nough said.

Serpent, when i built my 811 BE parts everywhere now not so much now.

Kyosho again an nostalgic thing, i have a few and they have well built vehicles.

That all said just set me down and let me build any Ol' darn vehicle, that's what i like to do and window shop till i fall asleep:D

• Haha 1

That A12 does look interesting. Would love to see one in person to see how it works.

I love that after, what, almost 50 years, there are still innovations and refinements to be made to the basic 1/12 scale direct-drive cars. It makes me think of the old Raymond Loewy idea that there is no design that can't be improved upon.

• Like 1