toyolien

ESC with Fan mounted on it's side...ok?

I'm using a Hobbywing XR10 Justock esc in my M-07 and it's a tight fit. I either mount it flat without the fan, OR on it's side with the fan facing the side of the car. Would that cause a problem, with the fan being used on it's side?

Anyone foresee any issues?

Based on what kv motor you plan to run it with, you may not even need the fan. The M-07 isn't a very heavy car so the esc won't be having a very hard time as long as the motor is within reason.

That being said, I don't see an issue with the fan and the esc being on their side; in fact I've seen it done before without problems.

• Like 3

you can put it upside down if you had to, you'll be fine, ESC's can be placed any direction (they're non- gender:lol:). and the fans also with what ever mounting options you can adapt as long there's air flowing across the esc 

XR10's are very small, i've never built any of the M's before though.

there's a will, there's a way.

1 hour ago, ACCEL said:

i've never built any of the M's before though.

For shame! 

You are to visit your nearest LHS immediately to rectify this situation! :lol:

• Haha 2

Thanks very much. The motor is a tblm 15.5t so was going to leave the fan off. However, i like nice tidy wiring so didn't want to have to do it again if i then needed to move the esc to add the fan back on. But i think I'll position it without the fan and try it.

9 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

You are to visit your nearest LHS immediately

What Local Hobby store? My Hometown Hobbies shut down about 2-3 years ago.it was sad news.

the closet Hobby store is Hobby Lobby and it's ok for certain items and Just Trains is walking distance from my house and the closet RC Hobby store is 20 miles away.

i don't like you DeadMeat666, now you have me thinking about which Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! to assemble now:lol:

i'm waiting for certain other kits that should arrive in November to order.

M Chassis? what comes after M?...:blink:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

What Local Hobby store? My Hometown Hobbies shut down about 2-3 years ago.it was sad news.

the closet Hobby store is Hobby Lobby and it's ok for certain items and Just Trains is walking distance from my house and the closet RC Hobby store is 20 miles away.

i don't like you DeadMeat666, now you have me thinking about which Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! to assemble now:lol:

i'm waiting for certain other kits that should arrive in November to order.

M Chassis? what comes after M?...:blink:

Allow me to make you feel better:

The closest hobby shop to me is 80 miles away, and sells Traxxas RTRs. ZERO Tamiya in the WHOLE COUNTRY. I get everything (and I mean everything) online, and shipping ain't cheap. How's that? :lol:

Now as for what comes after M, I can't quite yet judge. I've only built the M02, M07, and M08. And I have an M06 and MF01x on the way. What I do know is that I've enjoyed building the M's so far, no exceptions.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

What I do know is that I've enjoyed building the M's so far, no exceptions.

Me too. My M-07 has been (so far) the most enjoyable Tamiya build I've ever done. The reinforced plastics and allen head screws and a dream. If only Tamiya would use these materials on some of their re-releases... Imagine a TRF Lunchbox with a TA06 Oil Diff!

• Like 2

I'll get around to an M Chassis someday, after all it's the middle initial in my name. so now that cures all doubts:o

so toyolien did you fit the ESC yet?

DM666 i use to drive about 60miles for 1/32 slot cars sometimes, not anymore.

The www is all i think most of us shop now even before the epidemic, so in theory COVID made a more addicting hobby more intensely more addicting:rolleyes:

Well it beats the H E L L out of drugs and gambling for me anyways.

Back to to the M, they must be smaller than they look on screen anyway, when i have placed my XR10 Pros and Stock Specs in any of my builds, i'd laugh and say to my self i have luggage room:lol:

i remember putting my Viper VTXr in my Kyosho Ultima RB6, i was able to put extra snacks in the car for the ride.

• Haha 1

@ACCEL Didn't have chance this weekend. I'll try and find time this evening to get it fitted. Probably without the fan.

• Like 1

If it’s any help I run an XR10 Justock in my Javelin with 13.5 on 2s without a fan as there’s no room for it. 
It’s never missed a beat and usually gets run continuously till the battery done in a hot and dusty environment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

If it’s any help I run an XR10 Justock in my Javelin with 13.5 on 2s without a fan as there’s no room for it. 
It’s never missed a beat and usually gets run continuously till the battery done in a hot and dusty environment. 

That helps enormously, thank you 👍

• Like 1