Ahmed

Find the right paint help

Hello guys :)

I am new here and nwe to RC world , I bought a tamiya tt02 mustang gt4 and I need to paint the body,  I fall in love with a specific color and I cant find it at tamiya ps colors,  can someone please check the image I attached and help me finding the color or a close one :)

Ps: I think it's called " ford performance blue"

thanks alot 

unnamed.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty sure your going to be out of luck with a tamiya ps paint. Shame as its a great colour.

• Sad 1

I'm no expert, but I'd surmise that PS-16 backed with PS-63 would give you this color if done properly.

• Thanks 1

I would have a look at tamiya ps16 backed with white because that actual colour very much looks like tamiya x13 acrylic?

• Thanks 1

My Avante is ps-16 backed with gun metal. Its a bit "bluer" than that mustang is. It looks like it would need a hint of green / grey to be closer to that.

Can always experiment on a fizzy pop bottle.

• Thanks 1

Might be worth talking to these guys? They do custom mixing and I read somewhere they might help with identifying paint colours too. You might have to invest in an airbrush though.. I bought some orange from them a while back for a matt version of the Jaegermeister colour. 

C0C73089-6855-4CB3-9C84-45EDC3E11D77.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4.jpg

Duratrax Polycarb Spray, Teal, 4.5oz, DTXR4298

71PP6Q6CC4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

it's lighter looking but with 1st. PS-53 Lame flakes (a suggestion) and a lil of 2nd Blue Pearl DTXR4293 ever so gingerly  and then the TealDuraTrax Polycarb Pearl Blue Lexan Spray Paint (4.5oz)