Sign in to follow this  
RazorConcepts

Biggest lipo that will fit in a stick pack holder?

I'm looking to use a lipo in my Wild Willy 2 and was wondering if anyone knew what would be the largest/highest discharge 2S lipo that would fit in the stock stick pack holder.
Doing some napkin math I've come up with 2200mah 2s 50/60c packs should fit inside (and require some padding to stop it from rattling around). 

as far as i am aware, all round cased lipos are pretty much the same size .ive had a few different brands which have all fitted in the place of the old nicad packs, some up to 5000mah. 

something like this would fit and last for ages in the ww2

lipo.PNG

lipo 2.PNG

Someone here recently linked to this one which apparently fits all older style tamiya. Looks to be better value at £27 & higher discharge rate than the hpi one above. I’ve also read the hpi one is slightly too long. The vapextech I heard some negatives which put me off buying (can’t say if true though)

I would get the core one to be sure it fits.

Core RC 4000mAh

spacer.png

That CoreRC one above is the best bet, it's slightly shorter than most 2S round packs so should fit all cars. I have some gensace ones which fit most but are too long for some, and a but tight in some as well. 

18 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

That CoreRC one above is the best bet, it's slightly shorter than most 2S round packs so should fit all cars. I have some gensace ones which fit most but are too long for some, and a but tight in some as well. 

Which Gensace model do you have?

1 hour ago, Biz73 said:

Which Gensace model do you have?

I have these

http://www.hobbyhangar.co.nz/gens-ace-black-4000mah-74v-2s-25c-classic-style-black

but with XT60 plugs.  They work well.  We just use them in the rereleases with kit motors so they are probably lacking punch if you're racing but we don't notice, and they don't fit in any of the race cars (bullets soldered to the ESC so be a hassle to fit them) so I can't easily compare them to the race batteries.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, CoolHands said:

Someone here recently linked to this one which apparently fits all older style tamiya. Looks to be better value at £27 & higher discharge rate than the hpi one above. I’ve also read the hpi one is slightly too long. The vapextech I heard some negatives which put me off buying (can’t say if true though)

I would get the core one to be sure it fits.

Core RC 4000mAh

spacer.png

I spent a while buying different lipo's for my different cars, i was looking for one size fits all, the coreRc 293 is the one, at 134mm long its the same as an old nicad, these fit in anything new or old.

Where are you located? 

Look for the Gartpot branded lipo...I'm using a 2s 50c 4000mah and the dimension is exactly like a rounded nimh stick. It is relatively cheap and amazon USA has it right now... if you're in europe, aliexpress has them...