nowinaminute

Which dampers does the DT-02 Titan Use At The Front?

I noticed it has a bit more ground clearance than the buggies and the shock towers are the same so I'm assuming the dampers are somewhere between the CVA Mini and CVA Short because the shorts on the rear won't fit the front.

I think they may be part number 0225073 for the bodies but I'm not entirely sure. Can anyone clarify? I have a couple of 02s and an 03 that could benefit from a lift because they spend most of their time on dirt and sand etc.

0225073 Is CVA v2 short parts (rear dt02 dampers) 

I don’t believe the fronts are anything more than CVA mini. 

i share your sentiment though in wishing there was a CVA body size in between mini and short. 

9 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

0225073 Is CVA v2 short parts (rear dt02 dampers) 

I don’t believe the fronts are anything more than CVA mini. 

i share your sentiment though in wishing there was a CVA body size in between mini and short. 

I thought it was minis too but the Titan definitely seems to have a higher stance than the buggies and I noticed someone say on facebook it had longer dampers. This was a few months back when someone was selling them cheap and loads of people got them.

TAMIYA - NEO FIGHTER BUGGY KIT DT-03 58587
Tamiya Sand Viper (DT-02) 58374

Perhaps it's just shorts with a shorter shaft to act as a travel limiter? In which case what it gains in ride height it would lose in upwards travel anyway because of the longer shock body. If that's the case then a taller shock tower would be needed if I wanted more ground clearance but still good articulation.

having roused me into doing more research, I was right about that part number being CVA short, but you where right about them being on the front of the Titan,  in fact it uses a CVA short (dt03 spec shaft) in its entirety but with internal spacers to make them short enough. 

it’s the rear that is not a CVA specifically but the shocks off TXT-1/TGM-02/CR-01 They are like a CVA Long. 

• Like 1

The shock bodies are slightly larger, U  tree shock bodies instead of the normal Y tree shock tree of other dt-02 etc

I think these U CVA tree's are on txt-2 as well!?

Edited by taffer
Just to update

So the titan has shorts at the front with reduced travel but also has longer shocks at the rear compared to the buggies? (Or do all DT02 use that longer than "short" rear shock?

With the smaller wheels used on the Titan and buggy versions, the chasiss can bottom out and then some so using longer shocks can get you slightly more ground clearance but still good articulation but I'm using Lunchbox/WW2 style wheels and tyres so you reach the limit of travel before the chasiss touches the ground so fitting shocks with longer bodies would only worsen this. Considering I have already gained ride height from the wheels, there doesn't seem to be that much point in doing it. It would be better to fit larger shocks towers AND longer shocks that way I could get more clearance but more articulation too.

Still, it should work with the buggy versions with the same size wheels as the titan to give a "lift" I might try it on my Neo Frog. But "Kumamonster" and Holiday Monster probably wouldn't benefit that much unless I got bigger towers.

The only way to get more travel from a CVA mini sized shock is switch to cc01 or gf01 alloy dampers, which have more overall travel (about 20-25% more).

ultimatly though, you can’t get more travel and more articulation without increasing the tower height unless the shocks your using are not optimized in their length. (Gmade xd are very short on travel compared to their length, so if your using those then other shocks will improve things.)