Busdriver

TP insurance

Having just purchased a Losi Raptor I have just realised that with 3S lipos I am in possession of a potentially 50MPH dangerous projectile the size of several bricks. I have been shootong air rifles off and on for the last 20 years and although I currently only use them in my garden I still carry £5million third party liability insurance just in case a pellet strays where it shoudn't. I am very consious of where I run all my cars and tend to shy away from parks etc but this new beast needs a bit of space so I may need to run it in some more public places. Does anybody have any insurance or am I just being over cautious.

I'd recommend joining the BRCA.This gives you public liability insurance for running your RC car. Can't recall how much, but it is several million. BMFA membership gives even more, and applies to both surface and airborne RCs.

• Like 2

Ah yes I remember the BMFA from my rather unsteady days trying fly RC planes. Never really got to grips with it. Cars and boats are fine though

Yeah BRCA! I had a hpi baja 5b years ago (about 15 years ago) and i had the same dilemma it was a monster of a buggy and fast I bought a killer switch called a killer bee which if it went out of control the switch cut the engine and electrics the BRCA recommend it to me and I couldn't race it until I got it installed because the BRCA wouldn't insure it/me! Until I got one.

Probably wait till end of year as policy for both runs January to December so only a couple of months left. Thanks @TurnipJF for the info

Or do what I do, and only run vintage cars with 540 motors, or walking-speed crawlers... ;)

15 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Or do what I do, and only run vintage cars with 540 motors, or walking-speed crawlers... ;)

👎