Just got this from a neighbour along with a couple of other cars. 

Any love for these? It looks pretty complete but is very dirty!

I might have to steal the wheels for my top force rebuild....

IMG_20201022_124851.jpg

Anybody compare To a df01? Little bit I have read seems quite positive but maybe a little fragile. Don't seem to be super common.

Not sure if it's a keeper or not. I have too many cars at the moment! This came with a WW2 and a wild dagger as well!

They are very rugged if you add the shock tower braces from Fybre Lyte, which address the chassis' only real weakness. I'd keep it.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, DrGoatboy said:

Anybody compare To a df01? Little bit I have read seems quite positive but maybe a little fragile. Don't seem to be super common.

I have both the df 01 and tl 01b (baja champ/king). My only gripe with the tl 01b is the relatively low ground clearance compared to the df 01. This can be mitigated somewhat with 2.2 wheels/tyres but other than that they are great runners. They are well balance, quite agile and parts are readily available and still reasonably priced. 

The drivechain and gearboxes are solid, although brushed motors tend to run hot in my experience. Switched to brushless and happy days. 

20201011_191838.thumb.jpg.a8aba5c2db854ee6842ad891f7e458d1.jpg

Here's mine after a recent round of the postal racing shenanigans in the main forum 😁

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrGoatboy said:

Great. Thanks. 

Is this the aftermarket brace that @TurnipJF mentioned? Looks the same as what fibrelyte sell ...

IMG_20201022_225525.jpg

No - that is the standard gearbox brace that comes with the kit. I have seen the shock tower brace turnip mentioned but couldn't tell you part numbers etc.

• Thanks 1

Indeed - the braces I am referring to reinforce the towers to which the shocks attach. You'll probably need to email them and ask for a set, as the website doesn't seem to have been updated in a while as they are not on there. The make far more parts than the site shows.

• Thanks 1