Sign in to follow this  
Norco Kid

Wild One Discontinued

Had a Wild One on backorder at Towerhobbies since June and it looks like Tamiya just pulled the plug on them so it will never get filled. What are the chances of another run of these within the next few years? Or is it gone for good? ☹️

• Sad 2

Yes, I've been following the Wild One status all summer and watched the delivery dates continue to slip (I have 2 on backorder myself).  Hopefully the discontinuation isn't permanent.  The Wild One was one i always wanted but never ordered until it was too late I guess.  May have to order a Scorpion to drown my sorrows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't worry over-much right now.  Various cars have dropped off the production list, only to come back again a little later.  I keep hearing rumours that the Tamiya factories are running on reduced staff due to some dodgy virus that's doing the rounds, fingers crossed they can ramp up production again before we get sick from notamiyitis

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I paid way over the odds for one recently in case it doesn't come back. Which pretty much guarantees that it will come back. I hope this is of some comfort. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Yeah it will be back! Give it a few years?  I can't believe its been 9 years since I bought my re-re avante! And that's been back twice since then and we've had 2 black special releases!

• Like 1

Ugh this was the last car I really wanted and I’ve been waiting since early June.  At least I got my super hotshot.

8 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Ugh this was the last car I really wanted

Where do you get off?:lol:

i've seen Oct. then Nov. (now no date at all, just the Pre-Orders status at Amain it's my Wish list and check boxed for when it arrives in stock.

i'll click my heels and find something else to build and i'll never want the last car:)

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2020 at 12:55 AM, ACCEL said:

Where do you get off?:lol:

i've seen Oct. then Nov. (now no date at all, just the Pre-Orders status at Amain it's my Wish list and check boxed for when it arrives in stock.

i'll click my heels and find something else to build and i'll never want the last car:)

lol I have gotten all the cars I REALLY wanted except for the Wild One.  Now I'll move onto the "Guess it would be nice to have" cars.  Probably a Fire Dragon since I had one as a kid.  But I have a pretty good representation of Tamiya cars at the moment.  I am missing a hornet/grasshopper though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Baum said:

lol I have gotten all the cars I REALLY wanted except for the Wild One.  Now I'll move onto the "Guess it would be nice to have" cars.  Probably a Fire Dragon since I had one as a kid.  But I have a pretty good representation of Tamiya cars at the moment.  I am missing a hornet/grasshopper though.

See!

I've wanted this one more than ANYTHING. Seriously. Money was always an issue. When I got my Stimulus Check last year, I almost bought it - even though there were only a few in the World, all in Japan, and ALL OVER $500.00!!! 😖

I actually regret not doing it now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carmine A said:

I've wanted this one more than ANYTHING. Seriously. Money was always an issue. When I got my Stimulus Check last year, I almost bought it - even though there were only a few in the World, all in Japan, and ALL OVER $500.00!!! 😖

I actually regret not doing it now.

Two on ebay for £500,nib originals.

5 hours ago, Super ally said:

Two on ebay for £500,nib originals.

...... That's nearly $630 USD! 😖

2 hours ago, Carmine A said:

...... That's nearly $630 USD! 😖

Remember when people succesfully sold rere Avante Black Specials for around 1000GBP on ebay? Then it was released again and you could get one for quite a bit less than half that.

Personally I don't think 630USD is too bad for a mint NIB vintage example, unless all you want is a rere for less than half that.

Prices of everything RC are very high at the moment because everyone is stuck inside and bored. So it's probably better to hang in there for a bit until either they release it again, or interest wanes as Covid restrictions are lifted.

Either way you'll likely get one considerably cheaper than you can right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fuijo said:

Remember when people succesfully sold rere Avante Black Specials for around 1000GBP on ebay? Then it was released again and you could get one for quite a bit less than half that.

Personally I don't think 630USD is too bad for a mint NIB vintage example, unless all you want is a rere for less than half that.

Prices of everything RC are very high at the moment because everyone is stuck inside and bored. So it's probably better to hang in there for a bit until either they release it again, or interest wanes as Covid restrictions are lifted.

Either way you'll likely get one considerably cheaper than you can right now.

That's encouraging, thanks!! I definitely want a Re Re, because I don't believe in Shelf Queens. I hope to actually have the money when the rere comes back.