Toolmaker72

Tamiya Frog body mounts

Hello all, just wondering if someone with a Tamiya Frog could upload a picture with dimensions in mm of the two side body mounts and the front body holding post (If different) please so as I can make them.
Thanks in advance 🙂

hello

i have taken one out it measures total length 30mm,6.80 across flats,3.90 shank 18mm long with nut 6.50 in.nut is 3mm wide.thread part is 12mm long.hole for body pin is 1.5mm 3mm in from end.if not download frog manual on back page blow up to 30mm and get sizes from that.this is re re part sizes,think first ones were black and shorter,this one chrome,silver. 

4 minutes ago, magpie said:

hello

i have taken one out it measures total length 30mm,6.80 across flats,3.90 shank 18mm long with nut 6.50 in.nut is 3mm wide.thread part is 12mm long.hole for body pin is 1.5mm 3mm in from end.if not download frog manual on back page blow up to 30mm and get sizes from that.this is re re part sizes,think first ones were black and shorter,this one chrome,silver. 

Thank you so much.  I was for pictures for a rough idea but couldn’t find anything suitable.  So all 3 are the same which is what I hoped as I had started making some. The other all length I was after and how long for the part that the body fits over 👍

picture below shows I’ve used a 6mm grub screw.  The end where the hex key fits has been turned to 4mm.  So now just need to cut to length and put the 1.5mm spring clip hole in 🙂

A1E183D4-1AF7-4914-A5BC-D0BC39125B42.jpeg

• Like 2