Lakeside

Just bought

Have fun with it! If you want to drive it, you better use a strong steering servo. The Bigwig needs this, otherwise the steering behaviour is not satisfactory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reedydriver said:

Have fun with it! If you want to drive it, you better use a strong steering servo. The Bigwig needs this, otherwise the steering behaviour is not satisfactory.

100% agree, metal geared and 9kg+ makes a real difference. It still turns like an ocean liner on stable surfaces, but turns better and is great fun on looser stuff. I love mine 😊 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Picked up cheap, :) It will make a nice addition to the rest of my collection. 

20201024_135059.jpg

Nice! Enjoy it, they’re great fun

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

£160 inc electrics, local to me had in ebay I done a deal.

Not bad!  They are consistently $200 USD here. Not sure that gets you an ESC or not.  I’ve almost bought one several times simply due to inventory of other cars. 

The chance I took buying a box of bits. Missing 2no Y2 damper tops and 2no BD3 screws.  I don't suppose anyone in can help.  )

20201025_081521.jpg

20201025_081542.jpg

Yeah looks good £160 all in sounds perfect to me! I bought my one from modelsport in their damaged section (years ago) the box was all ripped but contence was all there and as I was using it as a full runner it didn't matter! (I always and still do think that the bigwig suffered out of all of the buggies on this platform "boomerang" "hotshot" etc etc the worst from bad vibrating centre drive shaft they all did but the bigwig especially? I always thought that the chassis was not as rigid as the others? 

20180125_122022.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Yep, standard that one. Although not sure on the front wheels though being narrow??

yeah, not standard but far superior to wide fronts for handling and cornering. I run narrow fronts on all our Avante class buggies.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 12:33 PM, Lakeside said:

Yep, standard that one. Although not sure on the front wheels though being narrow??

They must have been cut. Was never available small in white or yellow, but easy to cut 5mm, effectively the inner tire bed. Did that on original Avante 2011 rims to, just using a hobby knife...