shenlonco

Hornet running with cheap motor... .she rips!

:D Things moving good with this cheap wltoys motor.. motors linked in my video description if you want to try one.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Roosters galore - love it !!

Thanks it was sure fun ripping through the sand! :D

I was going to ask this in it’s own thread, but I think this is relevant here. 
I am thinking of taking the Motor  spaced out of my MP and running a 18T Hornet pinion . Are Hornet / Pumpkin gears standard 32p gears? Will any off the shelf 18T from

my LHS work of will I need to order a proprietary Tamiya pinion ? 

36 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

I was going to ask this in it’s own thread, but I think this is relevant here. 
I am thinking of taking the Motor  spaced out of my MP and running a 18T Hornet pinion . Are Hornet / Pumpkin gears standard 32p gears? Will any off the shelf 18T from

my LHS work of will I need to order a proprietary Tamiya pinion ? 

Hi I would not do that the motor will run hot and maybe burn up the tires are big on the MP why they use a smaller pinion gear.

28 minutes ago, shenlonco said:

Hi I would not do that the motor will run hot and maybe burn up the tires are big on the MP why they use a smaller pinion gear.

I was thinking of doing it with the Traxxas XL5/ 12T 550 combo... I think that motor should have the torque to run the big hornet pinion .i wouldn’t try 18aT on a silver can 

2 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I was thinking of doing it with the Traxxas XL5/ 12T 550 combo... I think that motor should have the torque to run the big hornet pinion .i wouldn’t try 18aT on a silver can 

Those motors are known for running hot and blowing up easy and with a 18t pinion with the big tires I don't think it will do good.. why not buy a cheap brushless combo for like 40 bucks and stick with the stock setup?

Just now, shenlonco said:

Those motors are known for running hot and blowing up easy and with a 18t pinion with the big tires I don't think it will do good.. why not buy a cheap brushless combo for like 40 bucks and stick with the stock setup?

I’ve actually got a cheap brushless setup in it now( GoolRC 60A 3500kv combo ) 

It is silly powerful, but a little Twitchy with the low speed cogging. I was considering swapping that cheap brushless setup into a stampede I’ve got and trying the Titan 550 in the MP. 
The more I think about it, I will Probably keep the brushless setup where it is. 

58 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

I’ve actually got a cheap brushless setup in it now( GoolRC 60A 3500kv combo ) 

It is silly powerful, but a little Twitchy with the low speed cogging. I was considering swapping that cheap brushless setup into a stampede I’ve got and trying the Titan 550 in the MP. 
The more I think about it, I will Probably keep the brushless setup where it is. 

Hi the reason a brushless motor coggs is from being over geared, not a good enough battery to supply it with the amps it is drawing,  or the motor was overheated and the magnets are weakened or it could be to small of a motor? What size is it does the motor have a finned can because those are 380 sized rotors in a 540 size can they have way less torque, You need the true 540 size can ones without those finned cans.