esmuz

Rare Kyosho Shadow 4WD - Worth Selling?

Hi guys, I know there aren't many Shadows around, and I was wondering if I should get rid of mine to buy something different. I always thought it's a beautiful car from the Kyosho late eighties golden era, the body is actually pretty nice, an interesting mix of Kyosho bodies, and decals are pretty nice too.

The car is in good shape, it's not pristine NIB, there are the normal scratches below, some small 2mm cracks in the body here and there.. Ot-66's are in a decent shape too.. the job paint is bad but as it's just one color it just needs more paint.. I recently cleaned and put new oil in the dampes which are working perfectly.. Unfortunately I don't have the original box anymore. 

What do you guys think? Is it worth selling? Any idea on how much could I get for it ball park? 

Thanks! 

PS: Hope I am not breaking any forum rule with this.. I am not selling it yet. 

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

The Shadow 4WD was my first buggy back in the 80ies, during lockdown beginning this year i bought a "mint" one (never run, not finished completely) and refurbished it. Its not a very good car tbh though... plastics are getting weak and crack everywhere, i am not running mine because its so fragile, but i had sentimental reasons urging me to buy it. judging from your pics, yours is not in mint condition, so i would guess you wouldn´t get  much money out of the sale... if you´re sentimentally attached to it (was it your car back then?) i would say its not worth it... keep it.

• Like 1

Yep it was my first car.

I would keep it if I could, but my wife doesn't let me have more than two RC cars, which for a 45 years old man, sounds ridiculous, but in my experience she uses to be right about everything I do. 

Thinking of prices, 175€ sounds reasonable? 

• Like 1

You know, i have heard from people hiding their cars from their wives in the attic or somewhere. The things grown up men have to do, eh... ;)

Seriously though, you can try to sell it for whatever price you desire, if there is a buyer is another question! good luck!

• Like 1

One sold for €195 with box etc. I would sell it for 2 reasons a) kyosho are rereleasing their models so if they do this one too the price will go down and b) you would might better to sell it, buy a current rerelease and enjoy building and running a new one (eg scorpion)

2 hours ago, CoolHands said:

One sold for €195 with box etc. I would sell it for 2 reasons a) kyosho are rereleasing their models so if they do this one too the price will go down and b) you would might better to sell it, buy a current rerelease and enjoy building and running a new one (eg scorpion)

I don't think they will re-release this particular model though.. but you are right.. 

Any suggestions about where / how to sell it? 

Thanks!