rwordenjr

Falcon ❤️

Man, what a good looking car. Everyone has that one car that they just love and for me, it’s this one. The performance is terrible but what a looker 😍

06169AD7-B82E-44C8-9BA7-4C8E20B9413F.jpeg

• Like 5

Loving my restored Falcon too! On the right you see the car i originally ordered as a 9 year old, on the left you see the one i actually received because the Falcon was out of stock... what a disappointment... :wacko:

IMG_E9682.JPG

• Like 3

Well, for me it is always a vintage Wild Willy. I can't seem to stop looking at them. But, for something a little new, I absolutely LOVE my last build. An original Wild Willy body mounted on a 4x4 chassis from a Tamiya Heavy Dump. Love this thing. Still crazy wheelies, but can also do some low speed 4x4 crawling. Much more stable than an original Wild Willy, but still has that classic look to it. This was a fun build, that still lets me enjoy that nostalgia of my original. My original WW SWB, and my "Son Of Willy"

07092020b.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shadowfalcon said:

Loving my restored Falcon too! On the right you see the car i originally ordered as a 9 year old, on the left you see the one i actually received because the Falcon was out of stock... what a disappointment... :wacko:

IMG_E9682.JPG

Do you runs yours ? 

4 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Do you runs yours ? 

No! But i plan to build a second Falcon from leftover parts as a runner! I have never driven a Falcon! It´s about time...

Probably a silly question but I’m after a set of front and rear tyres for the white version of Falcon wheels.  I can’t find any new Tamiya fronts. What size would I need for a different brand please?

thanks for any help 🙂

Rob

@Toolmaker72 Don't know if you're UK but rear tires are readily available 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-Falcon-Thunder-Shot-Fire-Dragon-Terra-Scorcher-9805183-50344-Tyres-Tires/333216151652?epid=24022106345&hash=item4d953af864:g:SlcAAOSwrExc8ClI

I have some brand new fronts I can sell you, they're currently mounted on yellow falcon fronts but they aren't glued. 

Yep I’m uk 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🙂.  I have seen the rears for sale but no original fronts. I’ve been told Tamiya Japan no longer ships parts via air freight because of high cost due to covid making the flights scarce.  Parts are shipped via sea now hence taking a while to filter to the uk.   No urgency but did wonder what size would I look for in a different brand to suit the Falcon front wheels.  

On 10/27/2020 at 12:14 AM, Hobgoblin said:

6dFh8uu.jpg?1

I've got a soft spot for my mongrel Falcon :D

what 3d printed parts you have on that?

• Like 1

@rwordenjr

I have designed & printed the front bulkhead (which now takes a top force bumper) front uprights, front wishbones and bell crank steering mechanism. There is also a printed servo cap to spoof the casual observer into thinking it's got an MSC. I've also drawn up the rear uprights and CNC milled them out of aluminium. I had aluminium front uprights too but sold them all on out of necessity. 

• Like 1