FC5687

Tamiya Vanquish 2020

What are the difference between Egress 2013 and Tamiya 58686 VQS 2020 (Vanquish)?

Other than differential, are both share the same arms, gearboxes and gears?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, FC5687 said:

What are the difference between Egress 2013 and Tamiya 58686 VQS 2020 (Vanquish)?

Other than differential, are both share the same arms, gearboxes and gears?

Thanks!

They are about the only common things LOL

I wrote a list of what you'd need to convert vanquish to avante2001 in this thread. The egress also had carbon decks and ball diffs so expense would be even higher. Just not worth it. You could buy a NIB Egress for less, especially as VQS prices have gone up even higher.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95120-vqs-2020-in-tamiyas-pipeline/&page=12&tab=comments#comment-823778

• Thanks 1

Arms, gear boxes and gears are the same, but not the 3 differentials. Egress comes with 2 ball diffs and centre one way or spool. Good thing is, Vanquish comes with the Egress/Avante universals, which are lovely and strong compared to the Vintage ones. 

A complete conversion is expensive, as @mud4fun explained...

6 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Good thing is, Vanquish comes with the Egress/Avante universals, which are lovely and strong compared to the Vintage ones. 

I fitted Yeah Racing UJ's (plus their alloy hubs) to my Vanquish and Avante2001, middle mudlet is also using them on her Egress. They seem good quality, no issues so far, although they do need shimming and they use pins not splined hexes but no big issue as they are better value and stronger than the vintage ones (if you can find them) :) Although probably not as strong as the new design UJ's on the re-re's

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

I fitted Yeah Racing UJ's (plus their alloy hubs) to my Vanquish and Avante2001, middle mudlet is also using them on her Egress. They seem good quality, no issues so far, although they do need shimming and they use pins not splined hexes but no big issue as they are better value and stronger than the vintage ones (if you can find them) :) Although probably not as strong as the new design UJ's on the re-re's

Mud is right, they are the best replacement for vintage ones, especially from price. The new Tamiya ones use also a pin compared to the vintage ones. But if you try to order a set from spare parts, you will swallow 10 times and thank yeah racing for doing their version! I have also 2 in my 2001 runner for budget reasons, they are flawless up to now! I still hope them to do a second length version, so we could improve our Astutes/Super Astutes and Dyna Storms, as they have the same basic design...:wub:

• Thanks 1

The Yeah Racing alloy hubs are also awesome @ruebiracer, absolutely awesome. I have now crashed or clipped concrete curbs so many times in my avante2001/vanquish in the last month doing all the racing and (touch wood) I have not suffered a single broken hub or hub carrier. Some of those impacts were at 25mph too. The vintage carriers and plastic hubs would have been destroyed by now. Also since I reverted to the lower of the two Egress front shock braces I have not snapped my gearboxes since either!! We are looking good for Round 4 of the postal race. 

Youngest mudlet will be running the Vanquish, middle mudlet hopes to have her Egress chassis built in time and I will run the Avante2001 :ph34r: :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mud4fun said:

The Yeah Racing alloy hubs are also awesome @ruebiracer, absolutely awesome. I have now crashed or clipped concrete curbs so many times in my avante2001/vanquish in the last month doing all the racing and (touch wood) I have not suffered a single broken hub or hub carrier. Some of those impacts were at 25mph too. The vintage carriers and plastic hubs would have been destroyed by now. Also since I reverted to the lower of the two Egress front shock braces I have not snapped my gearboxes since either!! We are looking good for Round 4 of the postal race. 

Youngest mudlet will be running the Vanquish, middle mudlet hopes to have her Egress chassis built in time and I will run the Avante2001 :ph34r: :)

Fully agree, forgot to mention that I use the alloy hubs in the front of my Vanquish and 2001, too!:lol: Thumbs up for the mud family in the postal race round 4 !

Good luck for all of you!

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, mud4fun said:

They are about the only common things LOL

I wrote a list of what you'd need to convert vanquish to avante2001 in this thread. The egress also had carbon decks and ball diffs so expense would be even higher. Just not worth it. You could buy a NIB Egress for less, especially as VQS prices have gone up even higher.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95120-vqs-2020-in-tamiyas-pipeline/&page=12&tab=comments#comment-823778

The discovery of Pargu alloy chassis, I consider to build the Egress. Since the Vanquish 2020 come with Hi cap dampers, universal shaft and all necessary parts in my previous post. Therefore what I need are ball diff for front, rear and center as well as aluminum parts from Yeah Racing 

I just want to find out which way is most cost effective  

22 minutes ago, FC5687 said:

The discovery of Pargu alloy chassis, I consider to build the Egress. Since the Vanquish 2020 come with Hi cap dampers, universal shaft and all necessary parts in my previous post. Therefore what I need are ball diff for front, rear and center as well as aluminum parts from Yeah Racing 

I just want to find out which way is most cost effective  

No, did you read my post that I linked to???

There are a dozens of other parts required beyond the decks and hubs. It would cost hundreds of pounds to convert a VQS to Egress spec ON TOP OF the purchase price of VQS and £80-100 in Yeah Racing parts and that is if you could get the Egress parts, many of the smaller items are impossible to find. There would also  be virtually no VQS left by the time you converted it and it would be cheaper to just buy an Egress!

Plus, what is the point??? A purgu alloy chassis is not an Egress carbon chassis so you won't have an Egress anyway, you'll have a more expensive heavier inferior copy?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mud4fun said:

No, did you read my post that I linked to???

There are a dozens of other parts required beyond the decks and hubs. It would cost hundreds of pounds to convert a VQS to Egress spec ON TOP OF the purchase price of VQS and £80-100 in Yeah Racing parts and that is if you could get the Egress parts, many of the smaller items are impossible to find. There would also  be virtually no VQS left by the time you converted it and it would be cheaper to just buy an Egress!

Plus, what is the point??? A purgu alloy chassis is not an Egress carbon chassis so you won't have an Egress anyway, you'll have a more expensive heavier inferior copy?

Yes I did 

The status of VQS 2020 still not available based on the reply from my local hobby shop. Bow they accept pre order.

The costs of VQS 2020 is less than 200 pounds and the Egress would ask for USD1000 from various online shop including Amazon 

Any modified with after market hop up parts is no longer original anyway. Just take it easy and have fun. Whether it is a vehicle with 100 percent original Egress parts isn't important  I would like to use the Pargu lower chassis but ylthe upper chassis and dampers support can order from Fiber Lyte. I don't know the results til we try 

I am going to rebuild my Top Force Evo and end up only 20% are stock parts.

1 hour ago, FC5687 said:

Yes I did 

The status of VQS 2020 still not available based on the reply from my local hobby shop. Bow they accept pre order.

The costs of VQS 2020 is less than 200 pounds and the Egress would ask for USD1000 from various online shop including Amazon 

Any modified with after market hop up parts is no longer original anyway. Just take it easy and have fun. Whether it is a vehicle with 100 percent original Egress parts isn't important  I would like to use the Pargu lower chassis but ylthe upper chassis and dampers support can order from Fiber Lyte. I don't know the results til we try 

I am going to rebuild my Top Force Evo and end up only 20% are stock parts.

VQS is listed at £365-385 + shipping on many UK retailers

Cost of parts required to convert would be £200-300 + shipping

Cost of yeah racing upgrades, essential for actually running the car would be £60-80 + shipping

Totalling approx £700

Second hand Egress or Avante2001 come up for sale on ebay regularly and often sell for between £250-500, a kamtec egress shell is £35 so far cheaper to just buy a used car and put a new shell on it???? 

I just don't see the point of buying the VQS to convert to Egress as most of the parts can't be used on Egress. You might as well just buy the gearbox and suspension arm sprues individually from likes of rcmart for a fraction of the cost of a new VQS if you are then going to have to buy all the other items anyway?

My comments were not based on originality, I was trying to help you save money! I have no interest in originality (or shelf queens) and all my buggies are modified with after market or different parts and are heavily used and abused for racing and bashing.

1 hour ago, mud4fun said:

VQS is listed at £365-385 + shipping on many UK retailers

Cost of parts required to convert would be £200-300 + shipping

Cost of yeah racing upgrades, essential for actually running the car would be £60-80 + shipping

Totalling approx £700

Second hand Egress or Avante2001 come up for sale on ebay regularly and often sell for between £250-500, a kamtec egress shell is £35 so far cheaper to just buy a used car and put a new shell on it???? 

I just don't see the point of buying the VQS to convert to Egress as most of the parts can't be used on Egress. You might as well just buy the gearbox and suspension arm sprues individually from likes of rcmart for a fraction of the cost of a new VQS if you are then going to have to buy all the other items anyway?

My comments were not based on originality, I was trying to help you save money! I have no interest in originality (or shelf queens) and all my buggies are modified with after market or different parts and are heavily used and abused for racing and bashing.

You are correct. I just found a Shapeways shop offering arms and steering parts for Egress. Hmm......Sounds like only need the gearbox.

I have extra sets of Hi Cap bought years ago for my Top Force  Yeah also has universal drive shaft.