Sign in to follow this  
Porscherookie

New Porsche 911/934 - which model to purchase?

Hi all!

First post so please bear with me if this has been covered. I would like to take up RC again and would like a 1/10 porsche model with vintage feel. From my understanding only the Martini version with TT02 is readily available online whereas the Valeant and Jägermeister versions have been discontinued. My questions is if there is any chassi that is possible to buy new that would fit the Valeant body (which is still available from tamico) or if the Martini version is the "only" possible option. I would preferrably get a little bit more high-spec chassi than the TT02.  Also, is there any way to get the Valeant body to fit the TT02?

Many thanks and sorry if this has been covered, couldnt find it when i searched.

• Like 1

Hi, and welcome! I'm still relatively new here too, but have built a TT02 911 and a TA02SW 934 in the last 12 months so can hopefully help

The 934 shell, which as you rightly point out is readily available from Tamico either on its own or as a full Black Edition or Vaillant body set, has a wheelbase of 230mm. The original edition was the 30th Anniversary Vaillant 934, which was on a specific chassis (I think a variant of the TA05 maybe) with a 230mm wheelbase. They were made for each other

Tamiya then released the Black and Jagermesiter editions for their 40th Anniversary, this time on the TA02SW chassis. The shells still have a 230mm wb, but the chassis is 236mm. Some find this an issue, others don't. If you're up for it, there are mods you can make to the TA02SW to get it to 230mm which are covered in my build thread

Another thought is that maybe the 47443 TA03 would work for the 934 shell? It's only 1mm longer than the TA02SW, but might not be wide enough at 194mm, the TA02SW is 202mm. Some deeper wheel hex hubs might do it though? 

If you really want a 934, it might be worth just taking a deep breath and paying for one on eBay. There is a BNIB Jagermesiter kit on ebay now for £350 or Best Offer, which might be worth a very cheeky offer? I've bought from that seller before, and he is open to offers and I've been delighted with my purchase.

The TT02 is a fun build and you can hop it up like crazy, but by the time you've spent all that you may as well go for the TA02SW. I think it's a far superior build and drive

There is only one chassis that truly fits the body and that’s the 30th anniversary chassis that are super pricey and hard to find  

The 40th Anniversary car and black Porsche are great kits with everything that is included. They were cheap as chips for a bit but have gone up in price now. I love mine but wouldn’t recommend one as a primary runner. They are a 25 year old design and Buying parts for it when you break it won’t be as easy as going down to the hobby shop and picking up a new plastic sprue. 

their like Pokémon, you gotta collect them all 568AF2EB-D2BF-4C49-A30F-50CB3D38961A_zps

• Like 1

Many thanks for your detailed responses! Perhaps I should make it easy for myself and just order the Carrera TT02 as a starting point as everything is included. Have found them 115gbp which seems like a good deal