SupaGaz

TT02-B Steering slop

Hi everyone. 
my first post as a new member. 
I’ve just built a stock TT02-B plasma edge 2 and I’m shocked at the amount of slop in the hubs and the steering linkages in general. 
As there’s no adjustment on anything I’m assuming this is normal? 
is it for protection purposes or is it just rubbish? 

cheers  

Gaz  

• Like 1

A bit of slop is useful in an offroad chassis, as if the tolerances are too tight, things start to bind and jam as soon as you get a bit of dirt on it. The TT-02B makes for a great fun basher. Rubbish it certainly is not!

However if it bothers you, there are plenty of option parts available if you want to tighten things up a tad. Some are quite worthwhile, such as the alloy ballraced steering rack and turnbuckle tierod set for example.

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks for the reply. 
I wasn’t  suggesting the model was rubbish, just the stock steering. I can literally turn one wheel in the opposite direction to the other. Most of this play is in the hubs. Combined with the linkage makes it seem very sloppy. 
I don’t remember having a model in the past with so much play and no adjustment.  

Hey there. I had the same experience and managed to fix most of it. Couple of suggestions...

1. Make sure your endpoints are setup right. J notice that the steering arm would bang up against the chassis if it is not set properly. I also upgraded the servo saver to the ramiya high torque servos saver.

2. Upgrade the linkages to the aluminum set. (O went hard on the upgrades as you'll see in my pics).

3. Replace the screws that hold down each of the pivot points. I noticed that those screws kept loosening while was driving. What j did was drilled through the chassis and replaced the screw with a longer screw and a nut. See pic. The pivot point stays tight now.

4. Upgrade the hex nut to aluminum...

5. I also upgraded the linkages but don't think that made much of a difference. 

Of all of these, I'd say the aluminum upgrade and the pivot screws made the biggest impact, but there is still some slop (like the guy above said, not a bad thing for a buggy).

20201029_183300.jpg

20201029_183238.jpg

20201029_183300.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for that. I’ve yet to run the model outside yet as I’m waiting for the main Ni-Mh batteries to show up. 
I’ve done some test runs in the house using a Li-Po but the stock esc isn’t up to it due to the cutoff being 5v. 
I’ve ordered the alloy linkage set and I think I’ll drill through as you’ve done. 

gaz. 

Well I sorted the steering. I used some linkages and parts from a TT-01E. After some mods to the chassis, it worked a treat. Although it would still benefit from the turnbuckle set. 
41 mph today! 

Xerun V10 8.5t motor. Quicrun 10BL120 esc. 3s 45c lipo. Hi speed gear set 25/68. 
The original tyres however have woeful grip on tarmac. More evident when braking. The result is pictured below 😖

Stripping down now and listing the parts required. Damage is superficial at first look. The tub has taken the brunt of the impact, and one support bearing from the center drive shaft is currently on its way to the moon.🤣

image.jpg

image.jpg