SupaGaz

CC-01 Landfreeder Matte black edition help

Hi everyone. 
My second build is underway. Slowly as I’m waiting for hop up parts to arrive. Namely bearings. 
as I’m waiting I decided to tackle the decals for the body. Not impressed! 
The matte black is awful. Any clear sections on the decals that I can’t cut out shows as glossy on the body. 
Also, from the factory the window ‘tint’ is just what looks like overspray. 
I’m now thinking of re spraying the whole thing and ordering new decals. Main problem is how to get the overspray off the windows. 
Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

gaz. 

B104EC16-33B0-4035-9E50-D522C5281E67.jpeg

Mmmm when I built my matte black edition, I used Bush Devil 2 decals pondered whether to spray ps-55 matte clear coat over the top, In the end I sold it before I tried the clear coat

You're right thought you need to be so precise with the cutting.

Its worth trying if you have some ps-55, if not see if another member has tried it before you start spending

Tamiya polycarb cleaner should tackle the windows but it will take a while with a cotton bud!

Edited by taffer

I'm not really a fan of pre-painted matte bodies for this very reason - the decals still have the shine on them and it doesn't look right.  I'd agree with @taffer - some matte clear should take the gloss off the decals, but ideally the whole body would be done at the same time so the decals get blended onto the body with the clear coat.

That said, you wouldn't want the chrome strips or the headlights to be matte, so the only solution there is to trim the decals accurately (which always gives a better finish anyway).  I use a scalpel to trim my decals.  Personally I would only add the essential details (lights, door handles) - I don't think chrome or go-faster stripes look right on matte black trucks ^_^

• Like 1

I put my foot down this morning and told myself to stop whining about it and get on. 
so I broke out the old scalpel and a new blade. 
I’ve moved the bonnet stripes outward slightly as I didn’t like the look as per the book. 
Think I’m gonna leave it at this. I don’t want to overcrowd it with stickers. 
I’m planning on adding LED lighting to the bull bar and roll bar at some point. 
This ones for the wife so I’d better get cracking! 

Gaz. 

E8471C88-7E27-4DE5-A23F-D0CE63F99CC7.jpeg

• Like 2

Well I cracked on. 
Just the wiring to tidy and set up the R/C and any linkage/steering adjustments. 
All sealed bearings installed, otherwise stock just now. 
Ive bought a 6 channel radio to allow for any lighting etc. 

A9C7BC8C-93E4-4CCB-B8F6-C511F41B5083.jpeg

4A63F8F5-2D85-4507-A653-09E12096EC66.jpeg

F8633A24-5535-418F-941A-887B84F3D715.jpeg

C407E2CD-E29B-4A00-95CE-21521C8858F7.jpeg

BCD7D835-E94B-4660-892A-1D908E63311B.jpeg

• Like 1

I hit a snag while setting up the Landfreeder. 
I installed a Quicrun esc with the intention of running Li-Po packs. They don’t fit in the slot provided in the chassis. 
Fortunately they do fit in the tray on the TT-02B chassis so I swapped the speed controllers around and reset everything. 
I’ve fitted a couple of Turnigy switches in the truck for future use. 
I did have to file the on-off switch slot slightly to accept the rubber boot that comes with it (TBLE-02S). 
Just need a day to give them both a bash in some mud and gravel now! 🤘

EC838B31-65DC-4508-B793-5E4BA74DE580.jpeg

621A9E0D-1F76-4EB7-A3AD-3B781268EB83.jpeg