Juggular

Army Jeep 1941

I just found this.  

Where was Tamiya while some unknown company was making something like this? 

• Like 5

Looks great, but I just couldn’t buy a model if it isn’t self build that’s 90%+ of the enjoyment taken away from me...

Though the manufacturer also makes some 1/10 jeep body kit parts.. so I’m now looking carefully at these :)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Lee76 said:

Looks great, but I just couldn’t buy a model if it isn’t self build that’s 90%+ of the enjoyment taken away from me...

Though the manufacturer also makes some 1/10 jeep body kit parts.. so I’m not looking carefully at these :)

I`m with Lee on the self build part.

• Like 1

it does look very good but not keen on the coil springs as they are leaf sprung but that's because I am a bit picky I bet if Tamiya had made one it would have maybe been leaf sprung as Tamiya likes their leaf springs:)

Also I already own a 1942 script ford GPW jeep that needs a total rebuild I bought that for the fun of rebuilding it and because they are great fun just like that rc one.

jameses_photos_108_optimized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doc Hollywood said:

Also I already own a 1942 script ford GPW jeep that needs a total rebuild

I think you need to do scale models of this too, before and after versions and try to match the body work.. that’d look awesome. Also... I’m a naturally curious person.. what is it you’re hiding from us? I’m guessing a collection of taxidermy gophers in period civil war costumes...

• Like 1

Tamiya gave us 3 speeds. 1980's Tamiya would have been first to build something like this.  It seems Tamiya is so into re-releasing old kits, they forgot how to make new stuff...  just like Intel getting so comfortable on top, they forgot that AMD was right behind them. (The rumor is, AMD will be on top in about a week!)  

Instead of 1/16th toy-grade RC jeep (below is Kubelwagen), Tamiya should have gone boldly into the 1/6th scale.    

s5LVoHr.jpg

I'm afraid Schwimmwagen I wanted would not be coming from Tamiya.  I want to stay loyal.  But this is a free market.  If this company offers a Schwimmwagen in a kit?  Tamiya can't blame me for buying it when they just sat back and let others make it first. 

xxf8SxF.jpg

1980's Tamiya was popular was because they were brave enough to test new innovation with scale accuracy.  They still have the scale accuracy, but in Lexan. Because that's cheap.  But I feel M08 is hardly different from M06.  It's what Japanese call "mannerism."  Just politely doing what they were supposed to do day in and day out, without any enthusiasm.  

Whenever I see something like this, I wish it was in a Tamiya kit box!  (@Doc Hollywood is right, It must have leaf springs! Even if the mount moves to allow better articulation like the CC01 suspension extension kit)  

• Like 4

@Lee76 sorry I did edit the photo there was another jeep next to it covered in boxes and parts but that is one of my dads friends jeeps its a 1945 willys I have attached the photo before I edited it. I didn't do it because I were hiding anything I just thought it looked a messy.

I will may be at some point be doing some rc military vehicles like a jeep and a DUKW but they are distant projects

jameses_photos_108_1_optimized.jpg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Instead of 1/16th toy-grade RC jeep (below is Kubelwagen), Tamiya should have gone boldly into the 1/6th scale.

I occasionally search ebay for the 1/9th scale kubelwagen kits, think one day it might make a good RC conversion, but they are very expensive, there was a recent release of it, last year I think it came out, but still over £75 which is just a little much for me, especially if I were to buy it to experiment and end up scrapping it off.. I think I need to build up the skills toolbox a bit first. 

• Like 2

I feel you. 

I've been looking for 1/10th Kubel myself. Couldn't find in these, obviously.  

4rMddOm.jpg

• Like 2

xxf8SxF.jpg

The solder in the left rear seat, a bird just had poopied on his helmet :o HEY!

That jeep above looks like the one i had with my GI Joe (with the life like hair) i wish i had those back and the Joe with Kung Fu Grip

Aw! those were the good ol' days, i remember like it was yesterday, i never got a bill in the mail in those times😀

• Haha 1

Found another video. 

Somebody made a roll bar and Baroness is driving.  With some weight, suspensions seem to work better.  I wish Tamiya cars had suspensions this supple.  

• Like 4