Jay77

Defender 90

Hey guys,

Long time no speak...  I’ve been working on the Defender 90 kit (the decals took AGES).

I wondered what these parts are for and I seem to be missing additional red lights?  The kit came with only two, but the instructions seem to say that 6 are required!

Jay

945DD209-EE9D-4187-9201-FBA6A5A59771.jpeg

Those parts on the left look like the sprues that the wheels come attached to. Sometimes they come off in the packaging so they look like actual parts. 

Those metal bits are wire retainers, you can stick them to the inside of the shell to hold your LED wires in place. 

I'm afraid I can't help with the red light query, I have yet to acquire a Defender 90 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mad Ax said:

Those parts on the left look like the sprues that the wheels come attached to. Sometimes they come off in the packaging so they look like actual parts. 

Those metal bits are wire retainers, you can stick them to the inside of the shell to hold your LED wires in place. 

I'm afraid I can't help with the red light query, I have yet to acquire a Defender 90 

Gerrin. I`ve got a kit before Mad Ax!!!

@Jay77 thats right they only come with two white two red.The rest are available as hop ups. 3mm orange or white painted orange for the indicators, 2 x 3mm white for side lamps, 2 x 5mm white or orange for the rear indicators, 2 x 5mm white for the rear reversing lamp and the rear fog lamp. But you`ll need some kind of multifunction unit to use them all effectively and you`ll need to drill the front grill out to fit the fronts

• Haha 1

53912 3mm orange

53937 lighting control kit

54008 3mm white

54001 yellow 5mm

53910 white 5mm,

Thats all Tamiya gear but some of the other lads and lasses will be able to tell you better and possibly cheaper options.

Hey guys, 

lighting should be with me soon.  I do have a couple of questions, I’ve ordered some Traxxus decals / metal parts to add to the body shell, which should fit, and I’ve tested the fit of the shell on the chassis;

1. Can you recommend other parts to fit?

2. The rear of the body shell sits so low and is practically touching the wheels (even on the first pin hole).  Have I done something wrong?

Take care and stay healthy!

Jay 

As to height, you`ve done nothing wrong. Mine sits abot 15mm above the wheel. You could try switching front posts with back see if that makes a difference, or its look for some longer posts. I havent got round to doing either yet

Thank you!

I’ll take a look at longer posts.

in meantime, I’m wiring up extra lights, which is always fun :-(

Jay 

• Like 1

Hey Wetman,

I got post extenders and that has sorted it.  Thank you!

I’m now going lockdown loco with this car and I’m looking at buying a winch, sound system and smoke generator.  

Do you have any advice?

Take care,

Jay

2 hours ago, Jay77 said:

Hey Wetman,

I got post extenders and that has sorted it.  Thank you!

I’m now going lockdown loco with this car and I’m looking at buying a winch, sound system and smoke generator.  

Do you have any advice?

Take care,

Jay

Not much as of yet. Mine is just sat on my shelf at the moment. One thing i`d mebbes look at is better shocks and springs if your going to be adding weight by mounting a winch, mine is just stock and it seems to suffer from droopy suspension, which other have said is a known thing with the cc-01. You`ll have to het some photo`s up when your done and show us how you get on

Hey,

I’ve just had an Amazon parcel with a stack of kit arrive.  I’ll fit it all and post up some pics.  

I’m an amateur, so don’t judge me on the pics!

Jay 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can get a 2 female to male battery adaptor?  I’ve got three things running off the battery (lights, ESC and winch).  I’ve got both the lights and ESC one one adaptor (came with the light kit), but not sure how to power the winch unless I get another battery.

Also, I can seem to figure out how to mount the winch...

Jay