Sign in to follow this  
Baron_Greenback

Black Edition Lunchbox!

Greetings folks,

After stumbling across what appeared to be the last Black Edition Lunchbox in the UK a few weeks ago at Sussex Model Centre, I decided to go for it and indulge in a shelf queen project.

Here’s the finished article!  

For those interested, the aluminium wheels and heatsink were each made in Dorset by Miniature Manufacturing, and the motor is my vintage Trinity P2K2 Pro.  

I used black screws to instal the side exhausts as I found the stock silver ones a loud contrast to the stealthy tone of the Black Edition.  

Finally, I opted for black aluminium body mounts for the front, and red rears, to tie it all together.  

I really enjoyed the entire process — a much needed repose from all the tumult out there.  

Enjoy.

B7E54534-80AD-4511-A52F-59902882813C.jpeg

996C87C4-9180-4469-9957-B0427587C9A6.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Very nicely done. It's obvious that a lot of attention to detail was put into this truck. It makes my black edition LB look positively tatty in comparison :lol:

• Thanks 1

Looks brill👍

I had a black un' that I spent ages painting and detailing! When I was finished I didn't dare use it 😕

Bought a Parma body and felt a bit better when it kept rolling onto its roof. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much!  :D

This was my first attempt at a styrene shell since my Juggernaut 2 way back in 2000, so a good opportunity to take stock of all the good advice out there.  Here are the steps I went through:

1. I began by removing flashing then giving the shell a good wash. 
  2. I then keyed it with some 1000 grit sandpaper. 
  3. Three light coats of fine primer later, I used 2000 grit sandpaper to remove some imbedded dust particles and a general once over, before moving on to four light coats of black. 
  4. I then painted the details on by hand, then gave it a couple of clear coats, before finishing with decals.

For Lockdown 2.0, I've purchased a Kamtec/Parma shell to create a vintage ice cream van theme... stay tuned!

• Like 2

Looks nice. What’s the damage for something like the wheels being made - and how did they get correct dimensions, do they copy the original? Do they now produce more, since they can just run the machine again?

edit - don’t worry I found their ebay store 

• Like 1

Greetings folks, I hope you enjoy these photos of my latest creation — an ice cream van edition of my trusty Lunchbox!  The body shell is Kamtec’s lexan reproduction of Parma’s long discontinued version.  I used pearl white which doesn’t quite show from the images but is warmer than the normal white.  The decals and ice cream motifs are from Etsy — a treasure  trove of cute handmade items.  Enjoy! 

FC4FA9E4-0882-4DC2-AE49-C10185295F35.jpeg

• Like 8