Re-Bugged

Twist on the Sand Scorcher Classic

That's awesome. Great idea for the colour scheme and perfectly finished.👍I think you need a new avatar.

• Thanks 1

Really nice, every detail looks spot on. Those wheels are a nice touch too.

• Thanks 1

Wow, looks fantastic! What did you use for the white lettering on the tires?
If you need any more of the Molotow Chrome Pens - Eckersley's Art Supplies has them in Australia. That's where I got mine.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely 100% stunning re-Bugged! Beautiful take on the classic Scorcher and I love the personal touches on this one and the colour choice is spot on. You should quite rightly be proud of this one. Awesome photos too! There's some good Tamiya publicity shots right there!

Quite fitting that you put these pics up on the VW Beetle's 75th Birthday today. It's been 75 years today since the first civilian Beetle came off the production line and started on the road to becoming one of the world's most successful and beloved vehicles....ever. Yours is a very fitting Birthday pressie/tribute to the 'Bug' :)

Nice job mate! 

Cheers

Kurt

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

Wow, looks fantastic! What did you use for the white lettering on the tires?
If you need any more of the Molotow Chrome Pens - Eckersley's Art Supplies has them in Australia. That's where I got mine.

Thanks mate :)

I used a white tyre pen from Super Cheap Auto's they were hanging by the counter for about $13 I think it was. I did trim the end to a bit of a point so it wasn't so fat. I've also done my Buggy Champ, Brat & Wild One tyres with the same pen. Doesn't last more than a few hard runs but stays good on shelfers.

Eckersley's? Hummmm, they use a wholesaler my wife use's so might even be able to get them through our little shop ;)

Thanks all for the very kind words, very much appreciated. Something good came from this year at least anyway :)

I had no idea its the humble Beetles 75th !!!! @Beetlemankurt I could of got some custom '075' numbers for the doors if I'd realised :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I thought it looked good before but that looks fantastic out in the sun.

Outside shows the colour much better than indoors. It was then or never as we are heading into the wet season 😬...

ED1CA3DF-F670-41BD-8EB4-B41EAC07FB16.md.

• Like 1

@Re-Bugged that turned really great! It's nice to see the results of your effort and passion. I think bodies are a bit more challenging than builds. I feel bad for the buggy running on sand after all that work lol.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Outside shows the colour much better than indoors. It was then or never as we are heading into the wet season 😬...

Wet season and a La Nina, I don't think I'm going to get a lot of driving or spray-painting in this summer. Thanks for the SuperCheap Auto tip too, there's one just down the road.

• Like 1

Wow mate, unreal, so you’re the go to for hard body paint jobs

• Thanks 1

Thanks @mtbkym01, this is the 3rd Scorcher body I’ve done and I pulled out all the stops for it and subsequently learnt a lot along the way. I think I actually now find the hard bodies easier to mask up working on the outside, I seem to get all fingers and thumbs trying to mask Polycarb’s on the inside.

All good practice for the Knight Hauler 😬, I hope !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thanks @mtbkym01, this is the 3rd Scorcher body I’ve done and I pulled out all the stops for it and subsequently learnt a lot along the way. I think I actually now find the hard bodies easier to mask up working on the outside, I seem to get all fingers and thumbs trying to mask Polycarb’s on the inside.

All good practice for the Knight Hauler 😬, I hope !!

Main problem for me and TS paint jobs is that i do not wsnt to scratch up the paint job :). That said im not even close to your standards, but maybe some day :)

• Thanks 1

Remarkable job mate, even has the period correct vibe with the colours and scheme. Love it 😎

• Thanks 1

@Re-Bugged with this high lvl skill are you now building kits for others or do you keep them all for your own RC «Museum»?. I would love to se a youtube video in the quality off the Youtuber Matteo’s on this Buggy, its stunning

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, simalarion said:

Main problem for me and TS paint jobs is that i do not wsnt to scratch up the paint job :). 

I used automotive paint for this one and has had at least 3 coats of Clear to finish of to give some scratch resistance. 
I spent a lot longer polishing too which has made all the difference.

3 hours ago, simalarion said:

@Re-Bugged with this high lvl skill are you now building kits for others or do you keep them all for your own RC «Museum»?. I would love to se a youtube video in the quality off the Youtuber Matteo’s on this Buggy, its stunning

There is only one Matteo, now that would be some big boots to fill topping his videos 😉

• Like 2

I just showed my other half your Scorcher , and she said "that's nice - are going to make one like that ? " - Nuff said

• Like 1