simalarion

Avante Vs Egress

I am thinking of getting one of these kit next. To me those are somehow much alike. When looking at hem Egress seems more like a "badass" while Avante is more a fancy looker, but i belive the performance out of the box is much alike?.

So who would you go for?, and what is your reason for your choice out of those buggys.

My vote is the Egress,

longer wheelbase for better stability at speed,

Better shocks 
Egress is lighter

The Egress is the Avante  with some problems fixed

My take is build an Egress, fit an Avante 2001 shell and wing and fit the Avante centre ball diff, performance and style

• Like 3

If you want to run it then Egress (lighter, faster, more nimble, better steering, better handling, cheaper to repair)

If you want it to sit on a shelf looking pretty then Avante

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mud4fun said:

If you want to run it then Egress (lighter, faster, more nimble, better steering, better handling, cheaper to repair)

If you want it to sit on a shelf looking pretty then Avante

That was also my general impression of those kits, but it was just that so i needed to hear what you had to say on this forum. I think i will start Looking for an Egress ... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simalarion said:

That was also my general impression of those kits, but it was just that so i needed to hear what you had to say. I think i will start Looking for an Egress ... 

You could try to find a second hand Avante2001, rebuild it with carbon decks and fit a kamtec Egress shell - Avante2001 is almost identical to Egress except for geared diffs and centre ball

I'm hoping they re-re the Egress or Avante2001 in the next year or so, about time they did that rather than regurgitate yet another inferior '88 Avante variant

• Like 1

There is another thing to consider: The Avante 2011 has just been re-re-released, so it is available. Black edition Avantes are also still in stock in some places. Both of these can be had for around USD400 plus shipping.

The Egress on the other hand is discontinued, so finding one at a sane price will be... challenging.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

There is another thing to consider: The Avante 2011 has just been re-re-released, so it is available. Black edition Avantes are also still in stock in some places. Both of these can be had for around USD400 plus shipping.

The Egress on the other hand is discontinued, so finding one at a sane price will be... challenging.

Yes i am aware. But i will just start the browsing process and planning, hopefully there will also be a re-release of Egress as i believe the demand for it is there (?)

• Like 1

Although I love the look of the avante and in my rose coloured glasses it can't do any wrong I've got to concede the egress is a better buggy to use (by quite a margin) and it hurts me saying that! As for a re-release egress I don't think its going to happen anytime soon because of the current climate/situation look at the avante it originally was this month but now its March 2021 so any egress "new batch" as tamiya refers to them now if they do decide to (and I really hope they do) release it again will be next summer at best?

20200706_203714.jpg

• Like 7

Wow that was quite a sight moffman!. There was a Egress for sale in Norway for around 330 GBP (3400 kr) at the time i bought Top-Force but that was at the very beginning when i picked up this hobby again, so ofc i did not jump straight to the top-line. Litle did i know that this kit was going to be sold out all over and no kit in stock to bee seen , i checked now and it is out of stock in every store here. That said i am currently building Agrios so the next kit build will not be earlier than next summer either way, but as i wrote i will start looking for it and try to find good prices. But taken the replies i must probably sit and wait for a new release, if it comes (i believe it will)

• Like 2

I believe an Avante 2001 or Egress could be re-released in next year or two. To be honest it would have made more sense for them to do that than the Vanquish VQS as I believe there would be more demand, especially as there is such a high degree of parts commonality between Egress and Avante2001 that they could have produced both for limited tooling costs, or sold the Avante2001 plus carbon decks, ball diffs, hicaps and Egress shell as hop ups. But I guess I'm biased so my opinion doesn't count :)

Having just finished my avante black build 2 weeks ago and having an egress for almost 2 years now I can say the egress is much better driving wise. It drives super smooth esp on flat dirt. I only driven my avante in the street and it i also smooth but not as much as the egress. The front end suspension travel isnt good and the shock oil  & springs in the front are to soft. The shorter wheelbase is noticeable too. I would pick an egress overall,  but the looks of an avante with the metal suspension is great to look at. I should add they each have the same drivetrain and both are super smooth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simalarion said:

Wow that was quite a sight moffman!. There was a Egress for sale in Norway for around 330 GBP (3400 kr) at the time i bought Top-Force but that was at the very beginning when i picked up this hobby again, so ofc i did not jump straight to the top-line. Litle did i know that this kit was going to be sold out all over and no kit in stock to bee seen , i checked now and it is out of stock in every store here. That said i am currently building Agrios so the next kit build will not be earlier than next summer either way, but as i wrote i will start looking for it and try to find good prices. But taken the replies i must probably sit and wait for a new release, if it comes (i believe it will)

Well I for one will keep my fingers firmly crossed🤞 I have no knowledge or for sight about what tamiya are up to with releases but I feel a egress special edition may come our way after February? Obviously it looks like we aren't having the Nuremberg toy fair next year so we may just get announcements directly from tamiya??

On 11/3/2020 at 10:16 AM, moffman said:

Although I love the look of the avante and in my rose coloured glasses it can't do any wrong I've got to concede the egress is a better buggy to use (by quite a margin) and it hurts me saying that! As for a re-release egress I don't think its going to happen anytime soon because of the current climate/situation look at the avante it originally was this month but now its March 2021 so any egress "new batch" as tamiya refers to them now if they do decide to (and I really hope they do) release it again will be next summer at best?

20200706_203714.jpg

I think the avante is available now

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mud4fun said:

I believe an Avante 2001 or Egress could be re-released in next year or two. To be honest it would have made more sense for them to do that than the Vanquish VQS as I believe there would be more demand, especially as there is such a high degree of parts commonality between Egress and Avante2001 that they could have produced both for limited tooling costs, or sold the Avante2001 plus carbon decks, ball diffs, hicaps and Egress shell as hop ups. But I guess I'm biased so my opinion doesn't count :)

The first time they re released the egress back in 2013 they also re released the avante 2001 body and decals as a hop up.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

I think the avante is available now

Well that's what I thought (not that I'm in the market for one) but every were I look says the beginning of 2021 I can only think the likes of modelsport, fusion only got pre-orders? 

14 minutes ago, moffman said:

Well that's what I thought (not that I'm in the market for one) but every were I look says the beginning of 2021 I can only think the likes of modelsport, fusion only got pre-orders? 

Interesting. I wonder if it has indeed been delayed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

Interesting. I wonder if it has indeed been delayed

Probably the only conclusion?  but someone (can't remember who?) posted their newly acquired avante on this forum a few days ago! I asked them if it was from the new batch and it was?

• Like 1

At the current situation it look like most of the Kits (with a bit of demand) is out of Stock. Reason for saying is that even RC Mart and Timetunnel only has a few Tamiya kits in stock and for the most kits wich i presume has low demand like King Yellow - Monster beetle & Dyna head.

15 hours ago, Juhunio said:

Looks like Tamico have got the Avante in stock and ready to ship 👍

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-58489-Avante-2011-Kit

Tempting!, but its to early or my as i am in the milde of Agrios build at the moment (Amazing kit!), and i have decided that it is Egress i want as the nest "Project" now.  Then again it also looked as a pre-order?. So i decided to wait for re-release of Egress now.

Checked the price and they have realy good prices to incl shipment to Norway, as one of the few they remove Vat before sending, the shipment itself was 19 GBP, Vat will be inlcuded when Item arrive to Norway.. If i bought Agrios Kit at this page it would have saved me 65d GBP ... **** happens.

I like how the Avante handles, it's short wheel base makes it nimble, the Egress steering Is a drop in. I improved the handling by putting differential putty in the front and rear diffs, and installed the Rere center differential that doesn't loosen up like the vintage, and I put in the 2 hole piston and heavier shock oil in the front shocks.

I run my Avante less than the Egress only because the Avante is an 89 original with a technigold that I don't have the parts to rebuild.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simalarion said:

Where can i see the lates updates regarding Tamiya re-releases?. 

Tamiya Blog future releases is probably the most accurate, but you won’t get any real advanced notice

• Thanks 1