simalarion

Avante Vs Egress

I think because of this rubbish which is happening all over the world at the moment we aren't going to have any hobby shows for the forseeable future so its going to be a matter of eyes wide open for manufacturers to make announcements and hopefully February will see stuff from tamiya being announced directly from them because Nuremberg won't be happening?

On 11/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, mud4fun said:

You could try to find a second hand Avante2001, rebuild it with carbon decks and fit a kamtec Egress shell - Avante2001 is almost identical to Egress except for geared diffs and centre ball

I'm hoping they re-re the Egress or Avante2001 in the next year or so, about time they did that rather than regurgitate yet another inferior '88 Avante variant

Blasphemy! Who would ever want to convert an original Avante 2001 into an Egress? :wacko:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ddaenen1 said:

Blasphemy! Who would ever want to convert an original Avante 2001 into an Egress? :wacko:

LOL, we just did it because my Daughter prefers the Egress shape whereas I prefer the Avante2001 :) Both of our chassis are with geared diffs and centre ball so closer to Avante2001 spec however we do both have carbon decks and the alloy hicaps with yellow springs at the rear so partly Egress too. We do have the front hicaps too but no springs for them yet. To be honest the bespoke CVA's I built seem to be working fine so in no rush to replace them.