mtbkym01

AliExpress - your experiences

Just a quick one, I’ve made a couple orders now with AliExpress, the most recent being a couple low profile Servos. Well 1 was DOA, and the other works fine. Lodged a claim with a quick video showing the servo not working, requesting a partial refund (basically half the total cost for the 2, rounded down - so $20 AUD). Within a day, they have responded saying the refund will be processed within 3-20 days. Brilliant service IMO, will definitely be using them for more in the future

Good to know 👍🏻

I’ve never used them or Banggood, but if I ever happen to window shop there I’m not sure if coincidence but not long after I always seem to get dodgy text messages about ‘Your Google activation code is...’ etc

AliExpress is generally pretty good, I prefer it over banggood although BG is more setup for toys and hobby stuff on the whole. I've had lots of gearbox, motors and hubmotor stuff from AliExpress. It's always a laugh when the seller has clearly just come into a lot and want to move it on, the description is like "look, it's a motor and it turns freely, we don't know anything about it other than that but its $15 you figure it out" 

2 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Just a quick one, I’ve made a couple orders now with AliExpress, the most recent being a couple low profile Servos. Well 1 was DOA, and the other works fine. Lodged a claim with a quick video showing the servo not working, requesting a partial refund (basically half the total cost for the 2, rounded down - so $20 AUD). Within a day, they have responded saying the refund will be processed within 3-20 days. Brilliant service IMO, will definitely be using them for more in the future

Personally never used but the Mrs has for her diamond paintings. No real problems with them, everything was there as should be, the only complaint she had was the long lead times on a lot of their stuff

For my RC Crawling stuff, INJORA RC store on AliExpress has been brilliant. Postage turnaround impressive even in the depths of 'Rona Lockdown #1.

I've also had genuine HobbyWing electronics from there, slightly cheaper than you can get them in the UK. Looking back the overall saving wasn't massive enough to justify not supporting a local hobby shop, but on the flipside they didn't stock the exact setup I wanted anyway so...

I've even ordered a fish tank from AliExpress (a tiny, desktop one, I might add) :lol:

The whole range of Xiaomi products is a proper rabbit hole...

Got a “Garpot” rounded style lipo that fits Tamiya stick packs. 
Shipping to the US was a little slower than a North American supplier, but overall I’m satisfied with the product and the service.

I was always skeptical but recently, I had to pull the trigger getting a crawler part that no one has except on AliExpress. Definitely  a lot cheaper depending what you’re  getting. For example RC4WD wheels costing $130 here and over there it costs about 1/2  the price on AliExpress. Of course they don’t advertise it as RC4WD branded wheels, Just some generic brand. You just need to do some digging. Took a 2.5 weeks to get to USA. I think I would buy again. Same as eBay you got to check seller’s ratings. Like Chris said Injora is great.

I’ve used Aliexpress once. I ordered a Tx/Rx combo in April. It took about a month to arrive. Tracking didn’t work once it hit the US. Otherwise it was fine.

Terry

Been ordering from the site for 2 years now... mostly some item stuff... Radiolink rx/tx, connectors, wires, etc... got all of them but some sellers will use slower shipping method but not a deal breaker for me... overall I think I'm satisfied with them... 

I ordered a crawler rolling chassis back in April 2020. After waiting 2 months for it, they claimed it had been shipped but could not account for its whereabouts.   May have been COVID related, but I'm not sure.  They issued a refund within days, but I really would have preferred to get the item since it was a good price!