4ferraras

Blitzer Beetle skidding out on concrete

Has anyone experienced the Blitzer beetle skidding out or spinning when turning on concrete? Mine seems to be so heavy in the rear that when I turn on concrete the BB will do a 180 spin.

Only on concrete!!!!! They are supposed to do that on every surface. Seriously the Blitzer chassis is a blast to drive but is a handful. Are you using stock tyres? If you are would suggest swapping to Schumacher V4 truck tyres in blue compound. If nothing else they should last longer. Happy Blitzing:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

HAHA, well concrete and asphalt. Not on grass. I am using the stock tires but plan of getting some different tires. Thanks!

That's the plan. Was thinking about the Aqroshot tires but they look a bit dodgy on the rear due to the wider wheel.

I have a bearhawk which has an almost identical gearbox to the blizters (and other interchangable parts). I found that adding some diff putty helps keep the rear end in check. But yeah - they are somewhat tail happy.

• Like 1

Word to the wise when changing tires on the Blitzer for street use...

Had the same problem (skidding on concrete) and then I swapped to tires with more grip and added weight in the front to even the chassis out.  Traction roll on my first run after that ended up scrapping my freshly painted body (see rain gutters skinned back to black plastic). I use these tires for off road now, and put the original hard-n-slick ones on for street sliding and such..

Blitzed.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Killajb said:

Had the same problem (skidding on concrete) and then I swapped to tires with more grip and added weight in the front to even the chassis out.  Traction roll on my first run after that ended up scrapping my freshly painted body (see rain gutters skinned back to black plastic). I use these tires for off road now, and put the original hard-n-slick ones on for street sliding and such..

Blitzed.jpg

those tires looks like kyosho rage 2.0 tires

On 11/5/2020 at 4:11 AM, Killajb said:

Blitzed.jpg

Looks really good! Is that hi-caps your using?

Not hi-caps here.. Used Eagle Racing brand (available mostly in Japan it seems) dampers intended for DF-03.  Some of the best dampers I've had.  Cheaper than 3-racing equivalent and come with soft-med-hard springs and shock piston assortment.  I loved them so much I bought a set for my TT-01, just as impressive there as well.

• Like 2

I run Vee4's on the back of mine. Also added some DT02 turnbuckles so I can play about with camber settings. It's still a handful but you just learn to drive it to be honest. Good fun. I'll always use a lexan shell for running too! 

Now running a Kyosho Beetle which is really really good fun!

• Like 2