t3garett

Difficulty of collecting schumachers ???

Hi all 

just a question really .... 

Is it just me or is it very difficult to collect schumacher RC cars, ie, more difficult than other makes ??? I have lots of Tamiyas and I have always managed to find what I wanted when I wanted with not too much hastle, same goes for my Kyosho fleet. The occasional huming and haaring about the price of a kit or a part and sometimes a long wait for it to arrive but not too difficult.... but Schumachers are driving me crazy ! I have quite a few ( 14 ) but I'm missing a few buggies that I would like and mainly some hop up parts that I'd like and I have been searching for more than 6 months !!!!!! 

I'm begining to believe that it's because I'm in France possibly and there just aren't the cars or parts over here that I want but I can't seem to find them on the internet either ! It's mind bogling or perhaps I just don't know where to look. I've been scaning ebay for hours on end each day and nothing turns up and when it does........ they refuse to post it to me in France so I go through a long and painful process with my friends and family in England who have absolutly no interest or understanding or RC cars ( they obviously thin I am a huge pain in the... ). 

Re- reading I see this appears to be a bit of a rant and I apologise for it was not my intention. 

Do any of you knowledgeable chaps have any advice or tips to finding the things I seek ??? Any hidden website or places to visit and please don't says facebook cause I managed to resit until now. 

Cheers and thanks for reading ! 

9 minutes ago, t3garett said:

Hi all 

just a question really .... 

Is it just me or is it very difficult to collect schumacher RC cars, ie, more difficult than other makes ??? I have lots of Tamiyas and I have always managed to find what I wanted when I wanted with not too much hastle, same goes for my Kyosho fleet. The occasional huming and haaring about the price of a kit or a part and sometimes a long wait for it to arrive but not too difficult.... but Schumachers are driving me crazy ! I have quite a few ( 14 ) but I'm missing a few buggies that I would like and mainly some hop up parts that I'd like and I have been searching for more than 6 months !!!!!! 

I'm begining to believe that it's because I'm in France possibly and there just aren't the cars or parts over here that I want but I can't seem to find them on the internet either ! It's mind bogling or perhaps I just don't know where to look. I've been scaning ebay for hours on end each day and nothing turns up and when it does........ they refuse to post it to me in France so I go through a long and painful process with my friends and family in England who have absolutly no interest or understanding or RC cars ( they obviously thin I am a huge pain in the... ). 

Re- reading I see this appears to be a bit of a rant and I apologise for it was not my intention. 

Do any of you knowledgeable chaps have any advice or tips to finding the things I seek ??? Any hidden website or places to visit and please don't says facebook cause I managed to resit until now. 

Cheers and thanks for reading ! 

what sort of thing/ are you after?

Well I'm looking for a procat or a cat 2000 98. And I'm forever looking for cat/procat/bosscat option parts..... and I know they exist because I see photos of them on everybody else's cars but I can never find them myself, things like aluminium chassis plates and special aluminium motor plates and front one-way systems and the like. 

I've found procats before and at the right price but always abroad and not willing to be posted to france. 

i've always found Shuy's to be desirable as far back from the 80's, until recently i finally own and built two, here in the states it's hit or miss for parts, but i still want a couple more.

There parts are reasonable on some levels. the more Schumacher pops up around here i'm ready to order another.

Every thing about their kits are extremely laid out well. i had not one problem with the two i was able to assemble.

I totally agree !!! 

Ever since I tried my first schumacher ( a cat 3000) I've been in love and I must admit they are the cars I've been racing and bashing the most these past 2 years. I still take the dyna storm and the super astute out for a spin but they are far behind my fireblade usa and fireblade evo 2 in terms of handling speed and reliability. 

Also as you pointed out Acccel they have such interesting design features ! 

Anyhow I'm still looking for a new schumacher project.... I'm so fed up now I think I'll take anything A cat xls / swb / a procat / a cat 2000 98 / a cougar 1/2 anything ! 

• Like 1

i only have the Mi1V2  and the Eclipse 3, but i've been looking into one of their buggies. i wanted the Mi7 before i purchased AE TC7.2 then they went and stopped their TC line up so i purchased another 7.2 for parts and shelf empress.

long story short, a hobby store, Schumacher buggy with purple and gold and never forgot it, sitting in the display window.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:56 PM, t3garett said:

I've found procats before and at the right price but always abroad and not willing to be posted to france. 

I sold my Procat at the start of the year and a Maxxum, which went to France! 😬

One of my mates is thinking of selling his Procat , but it's all got all the upgrades from when he ran in the Nationals bitd, and a body his late father painted, but will ask him, and see what he says.

Unfortunately Facebook is where you would find what you're after without much issue, there's a few dedicated Vintage Schumacher pages, I'll keep an eye out.

• Like 1

Hi 

Nice one thanks. Yep I think I ll have to cave at some point and join the wonderful :blink: wold of facebook....

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, t3garett said:

Hi 

Nice one thanks. Yep I think I ll have to cave at some point and join the wonderful :blink: wold of facebook....

Well, I've just spoken to him, it was actually his brother's.

Anyway, unfortunately the Procat has been sold to someone else in the club, so it didn't even reach eBay. 

He's got a Mardave Mini stock listed atm (I've put a link in the advert section), and an RC10 goldpan he's considering.