-=Jeff=-

So I purchased a HG P407A....

I found a set of aluminum 2.2 wheels.. they bolt up like stock.. That might be the best for me.. I do like how these wheel fit size wise with the Blazer body

Body mounts are done.. stock rear works perfectly, I 3D printed the front mount, not sure if I need side mounts or not. I assembled most of the truck, but need to take it apart for paint. Hood is a bit tight so I need to clearance it as the paint will make it a bit thicker. Also anything needing glue is not installed. Suggestions on glue to use..

i also have on picture of my 4wd converted Blackfoot Extreme with a Clod Body. The clod is definitely NOT 1/10th scale. I would like to find some sort of push/bull bar for the Blazer. I might need to design and print it.. 

1BA239C0-44FB-46DF-9268-FE2DD4F5DE09.jpeg

FB4CB8BF-2BAD-410E-9A91-F9495CFCAB17.jpeg

97EFC854-84B4-4254-8A21-B56EA28DEA25.jpeg

B7398F7D-8BE7-4C33-9134-7D8657BE51A2.jpeg

• Like 6

Well this one is not strong enough. I did finish it to see if I like it. It needs some work and would need to be printed out of ABS..  the original design had the push bar out too far

here it is complete for a first prototype 

04E6B802-5C68-490A-B67E-CC6C0D20B547.jpeg

B6BF33C6-A962-4EE8-87CA-402AA59540D5.jpeg

• Like 2

No updates.. life and work have gotten in the way, however it is starting to warm up here, soo I am hoping to pick out some paint for this rig

On 3/9/2021 at 5:56 AM, -=Jeff=- said:

No updates.. life and work have gotten in the way, however it is starting to warm up here, soo I am hoping to pick out some paint for this rig

Yeah, same here. All my gear is packed waiting to move to our new house. I'm excited though because I'll have a workbench!! Once things settle down, I know I have a ton of stuff to post and project updates.

Starting to warm up here. Need to test out some paint I have on the plastic. I need to clearance the hood and clean up some flashing and then I can paint

Truck is finally getting some attention, all

the molding seams have been sanded and I need to go over everything and get ready to spray some paint. The back lid will be satin black. Main body I am hoping for a candy red. Bit humid to paint yet but hope to be done in the next couple of months. I still need a lighting kit for it and some better tires. Slowly getting there

More paint was flying.. base coat is done.. hoping for color this week

F2FBFD81-D692-4E8A-A5B5-465B8883A4B7.jpeg

7F43AA16-4BEA-456E-938E-D2E0CCB8B5D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great! Now that the weather is cooler here...mid 70s (24 C), I can be outside to do some painting too. Do you have any plans to add some LEDs? I've been checking out the cheap-o LED kits for some basic lighting. It's a clone so I'm not really wanting to add a Tamiya light set.

Yes going to do something. I saw there is a light kit for the blazer I will probably buy that one 

all I know is this is a longer term project.. LOL. Took almost a year to paint it. I also need to do the interior 

What is suggested to carpet. I would like to attempt to detail the interior instead of painting everything the interior color. Originally was thinking black but now wondering if tan/caramel color might be better 

@-=Jeff=- For simulated carpet have you considered hard felt?   They are easy to cut with a knife and retains shape.  You can source them locally from arts & craft stores like Michael's and JoAnn's.  It's like ozite material which is actually used for carpeting in some cars (like for trunk area, etc).

I use hard felt often for lining my RC's fenders.

Anyway, GL with your build!

On 10/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, RichieRich said:

Looks great! Now that the weather is cooler here...mid 70s (24 C), I can be outside to do some painting too. Do you have any plans to add some LEDs? I've been checking out the cheap-o LED kits for some basic lighting. It's a clone so I'm not really wanting to add a Tamiya light set.

I m thinking of this for the LEDs

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1539753-Open-Source-Lights-Arduino-based-RC-Light-Controller

I saw those too. That thread is over ten years old! Are you planning some special lights that require some extra programming?

Not really but that seems to have all the functions I want. Unless there is another solution that gives me the function of parking lights (no headlights) then parking with headlights and also no lights, like a real car. I could also program hazards too..

end of the day I like the the DIY stuff too

Another picture with the hood and cap sitting on it. Again need to wet sand but will wait a few days to do that.

5EB15E10-B69B-4BC7-9635-CD7CB1772D54.jpeg

• Like 4

So the light controller does not have tail/brake/turn in one led. That I can tell, sort of sucks, but I will look for another 

anyway.. body on chassis slowly getting assembled. 

31A99D29-30A6-4D34-8774-C8493AB31DA4.jpeg

BEB110D8-7310-4AF6-8424-DD198543E8C8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1