-=Jeff=-

So I purchased a HG P407A....

Man please provide more details on how you fitted that body please. I want to exactly that to my rere Mounty.

I assume the Mounty and Bruiser use the same dual pin rear tower for body mounting.. if so that stays. 

I needed a new Electronic box cover and a new front mount ( uses the stud towers on the front bumper)

I printed both on my 3D printer, I think I used PETG for both.. 

016A478C-2F91-4404-950A-558084B02564.jpeg

2840D760-97F0-4498-8B55-AAE14ABAAFD4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, RichieRich said:

Nice! Have you been able to test out the shock towers?

Lol, not yet.. been very slowwww going

• Haha 1

So I was wiring the LED kit I got : https://www.ebay.com/itm/324817321838?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

It would be fine for the Toyota but not my Blazer. I will need to find a different controller or build the DIY One I found. The DIY gives me options, but limited on Channels/ Outputs. here is what I would like in a controller:

Lights:

• Reverse Lights (2 LEDs)
  • Stop /Turn (2 LEDS)
  • Front turn (4 LEDS)
  • Headlights (2 LED)
  • Fog lights/ Aux Lights

I would like some different modes too.. 

Right now, the Headlights can be on always or on moving forward

I can have brake lights OR Turn signals in back ( there is no Combo)

No Options for parking lights

I also burned up the Shifting Servo, not sure how yet but I did. So have another coming.. 

Getting closer. 

I have a crappy Plow mount but need to improve that, it will be my next task.

here is a video of the plow functions, I wanted variable adjust side to side

• Like 1

Wow! That's impressive. I think Ampro has several light reviews on his youtube channel. Did I already mention that?

I have one of these HP kits on the way.    Has anyone tried to mount the axles on the top of the springs instead of below?    I think I may try to make this more of a leaf spring scale build and run smaller wheels/tires.   

On 1/3/2022 at 7:48 PM, RichieRich said:

Wow! That's impressive. I think Ampro has several light reviews on his youtube channel. Did I already mention that?

Yes, this was one he suggested which would be fine for the Toyota which splits the brake and turn. the blazer the turn/brake or combined. I think I will still end up with the DIY one as it sounds like it should do what I need

45 minutes ago, OnTheTrail said:

I have one of these HP kits on the way.    Has anyone tried to mount the axles on the top of the springs instead of below?    I think I may try to make this more of a leaf spring scale build and run smaller wheels/tires.   

I think in theory it would work, however i am guessing the issues will be the shocks and drive shafts

Oh Yeah, build is at a still still again, I need warm days to paint the interior. Decided to go with tan instead of black.. 

Truck is finally done and drive it for the first time. Need to make some tweaks but:

CF50D521-CA97-4960-AD6B-0AF81E6CEE4E.jpeg

76F27479-1113-4589-AD87-E3FA7E6552DC.jpeg

CCAB1D41-395F-45BF-A8BF-F6C3DC3CBB0F.jpeg

• Like 5

Hey @-=Jeff=-, how's the truck working out? I bought a 3D printer about a month ago. My oldest daughter is 3D printing parts to cosplay as Sabine Wren. I printed some wheels from Dadio's files from thingiverse. I thought they looked pretty neat so I took a quick pic of the truck on the workbench.

print.jpg

I have only driven it that one time. I don't have a lot of friends that have RC to go mess with it. I still need to fix the reverse speed and pull the plow off to try it out more. I still need better tires too..